WANT TO BORROW TODAY: Subaru 4 Pot brake pads (anything)

This is a discussion on WANT TO BORROW TODAY: Subaru 4 Pot brake pads (anything) within the Tri-State Local For Sale Only ! forums, part of the Tri-State category; Hey, I have the entire day off today and really want to install my Subaru 4 pot brakes... however I ...

WANT TO BORROW TODAY: Subaru 4 Pot brake pads (anything)

Hey,
    I have the entire day off today and really want to install my Subaru 4 pot brakes... however I have not received the pads for them yet. I plan to get the pads within the next week and am just looking for anything that can get me by in the meantime. Does anyone have old pads that they wouldnt mind letting me borrow? If so please post up and if you're relatively local I'll come pick them up. Thanks!!!
    Bryan

-2003 Blue WRX, complete 2007 STi Engine/Drivetrain transplant - Pic 1 | Pic 2 | Pic 3 | Pic 4 (new!)
    -1994 Black Supra TT 6MT - Pic | Build/Restoration Thread: 67mm, Fuel, Painted Engine Bay, Fuse Box Relocation, Wire Tuck, etc.

www.TriStateTuners.com

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Bryan,

What pads are you going to be running???

-wYlie

well i actually have brand new carbotech panther plus pads for the 4 pots sitting here but i need a more streetable setup so i am hoping to exchange them for the bobcats, or just sell them. ya interested? i also have new panther plus pads for the 02-03 wrx rear sitting here as well.
    i think one of my friends is goign to let me borrow his 4 pot pads cause he's midway through an engine swap, so hopefully i will be able to get them on today .
    bryan

-2003 Blue WRX, complete 2007 STi Engine/Drivetrain transplant - Pic 1 | Pic 2 | Pic 3 | Pic 4 (new!)
    -1994 Black Supra TT 6MT - Pic | Build/Restoration Thread: 67mm, Fuel, Painted Engine Bay, Fuse Box Relocation, Wire Tuck, etc.

www.TriStateTuners.com

Bryan,

Well, I have a set of bobcats sitting here. My 4 pots went with the suby when I sold it and I have these extra pads. I don't think I'll be needing them anytime soon. If you need them/want to buy them lemmee know. Brand new...I'll let them go for $90 (was $110 shipped new).

-wYlie...yes...the 4 pots are a great wrx mod pisses me off that the new guys get them for "free"...don't know about the 9-2x as of yet.....

new eh? i havent looked into pricing but if they are new and cheaper than i could find elsewhere, then sure...
    i'm mid install right now but i'll get back to you about that. thanks,
    bryan

www.TriStateTuners.com

no problem...I was planning on getting 4pots or racing brakes and using them, but i think i won't now. How'd the install go??? u likey??

-wYlie

So to conclude this thread, I borrowed some pads from a friend who is mid engine swap... what I didnt realize is it was 2 hours round trip, not including the traffic we hit. Then dinner, then we got into the install... so we finished up about 12:30 am, haha... but they feel great... my current brake set up is: Subaru 4 Pot front calipers with Ferrodo pads and stock rotors, Stock rear calipers with the Subaru H6 larger rotor and bracket, stainless steel lines all around, and ATE Super Blue brake fluid. I also have Tein Flex coilovers and S03 tires, which factor into my braking as well. Its been raining here all week so I havent had a chance to test these on dry roads but it bites much higher on the pedal and much firmer as well... no more mushyness. My ABS was activating left and right last night out in the rain, something I'm not used to. I have a big smile on my face.

Roamin' -- The install was incredibly straightforward... and didnt take much time at all. It took longer to bleed the brakes afterwards than to install the calipers... you need to unbolt 4 bolts to take the old caliper off, plus one for the brake line, then its just 2 bolts to put the 4 pot on, plus the brake line. the pads and backing plates inside the caliper are quite simple as well, so its very easy to work with. before i installed them i did a full rebuild including cleaning them inside and out and replacing the main seals and dust shields.
    The Subaru 4 Pots seem great, but I hear really good things about the Racing Brake calipers as well. The biggest difference is that the RB's are aluminum and wont hold heat in like the steel Subaru brakes will. They are also a good deal lighter. I think both are considered great brakes for pretty much all conditions though so you cant go wrong with either. Oh, and I'll shoot you a PM about those pads...

Bryan

www.TriStateTuners.com