Wanted: Opinion on Oils - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

This is a discussion on Wanted: Opinion on Oils within the Transmission & AWD forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; Redline superlight shockproof for tranny, and the 75W90 for the dif. Put on 75K miles using this set up, running ...

Redline superlight shockproof for tranny, and the 75W90 for the dif. Put on 75K miles using this set up, running stage 2-4. Good as new.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Oh yeah - 3R Automotive carries Redline locally.

Redline 75w-90 and 75w-90NS are both GL-5. The NS version stands for Non Slip or something along those lines and is what Redline recommends for Subaru trannies. Didnt help my tranny much though. Maybe look into how much you can get the new dealer juice for, might be worth the gamble, and also easier to find.

Looks like I am gonna go Mobil1 for the rear diff, as it's readily available at most parts stores. And I'm gonna hunt around for some Valvoline Synpower, and Redline for the tranny...
    2004 PSM WRX Sedan

AIM:
    XxGoudaxX

Registered User I'M YOUR FATHER's Avatar
    For Redline, which I use and have had no problems with, 3R automotive.
    3701 S Kalamath
    Englewood, CO 80110

Nick C.
    Join Me

I've had Neosynthetic RHD in front and back of my 04 wrx. 16,000 no problems. It literally shifts exactly like brand new. I changed from stock at 3500 miles from new with already much metal shaving seen - glad i did. It's too expensive though. My take on it is this:

front:
    I'm swiching to synthetic GL-5 with no friction modifiers (redline 75w-90NS)
    Cobb recommends redline MT-90 for the front which is 75w-90 GL4 made for trannies - but subie recs GL-5.
    Mobil 1, valvoline syn are too slippery and will shorten life of synchros and make them take longer to shift - in theory.
    ~3.8qt

rear:
    neosynthetic RHD 75w-90 - or any slippery synthetic made for LSDiffs will probably do.
    ~750cc.

I think 15,000 miles / change of both is appropriate for how we all drive
    "If all goes quiet, you're airborne"
    -anon

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12