Forge Diverter Valve, Hallman Pro Rx Boost Controller
+ Reply to Thread

This is a discussion on Forge Diverter Valve, Hallman Pro Rx Boost Controller within the Transmission & AWD forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; i just installed these two items, currently i am running stock boost, and i am using the blue spring, with ...

Forge Diverter Valve, Hallman Pro Rx Boost Controller

i just installed these two items, currently i am running stock boost, and i am using the blue spring, with NO SHIMS, doesnt seem to be leaking, blows off nice, talked to someone and asked why my car now sounds like a bird when it blows off, he said thats how it is, it makes the sound of a bad throwout bearing, but louder, its kinda funny, cant decide if i like it or hate it, im leaning to dislike, however the sound of the air is quite awesome, makes a slight sputter at partial throttle, much like the hks SSQV, guess my question is, how do i know if i have the right spring pressure, how much can each spring hold, i was told that you just keep playing with it to get it right, however im not quite sure, it came with the blue spring, and that is the second hardest, and everything seems to be ok, and i am still idling at 550rpm like i always have, seemed to be slightly higher then the half mark, pretty sure thats where its supposed to be, think it may have been a little lower stock but i could be wrong. the boost controller went on without a hitch, i have the controller set all the way down, which is supposed to give you stock boost, however i have done this cause i am awating my boost gauge, i am not going to increase it until then. however i could be wrong but the car feels slower, im not quite sure, it comes on boost MUCH SOONER then stock. like 1700 its amazing. and it pulls smooth to redline. perhaps the boost controller being able to hold stock boost to redline, is causing it to feel slow due to the fact that im waiting for the turbo kick and now the car is so linear i cant notice it. the bov is alot louder than stock. but makes that dam squeek noise before releasing. anyone else have the forge valve that can help me out. sorry the post is so long but i feel if anyone is going to help me out they should have a good description to work from. its hard alot of times to try and help other people without a thorough explanation. the valve isnt leaking from any sealing surfaces that i can tell, and the boost controller is in place and plumbed correctly with exactly one foot of vac line going to actuator and 1.5 feet of vac line going to compressor housing, i know your supposed to make as short as possible, but all i can say is that the lines are no longer than stock, so it should be an issue, the lines are not kinked

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

You might get better advice if you post in the right forum. I'd cut down on the caffeine, as well, if I were you

your probably right

new to the board, like to explain my self fully, and winds up being winded, excuse me i am special

mom always said i was "special" too

I would take that boost controller off until you get a boost gauge - very bad idea IMHO.

its all gravy

i got all my mods in, i was only running 9Psi LOL now wonder why it was a terd, its kinda like a rocket ship now, i did all kinds of **** since 2 days ago, header, up pipe, downpipe, apexi exhaust apexi intake, boostcontroler, A NEW SHINY GAUGE, lol a few nick nacks, FOR THE EXHAUST i just bolted to flat flanges together i didnt use the stock donut gasket it wouldnt fit the apex nor the 3in downpipe, is that ok, i figuer the stock hangers should move enough to compensate but the downpipe doesnt have any flex, nor any rubber hangers its hard mounted to the motor ?

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.