Transmission warranty woes only (problem occurrence log) - Page 2
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 18 FirstFirst 123456789101112 ... LastLast

This is a discussion on Transmission warranty woes only (problem occurrence log) within the Transmission & AWD forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; I think this thread should be a concern to all WRX owners as the high number of bad boxes suggests ...

Arrow

I think this thread should be a concern to all WRX owners as the high number of bad boxes suggests an intinsic failure of the tranny on Subaru's part. Because so many are going so early I would be worried that most would go eventually. My old celica alltrac had the same problem. Grinding in second, every alltrac owner I had ever met or talked to on the net had the same problem. If subaru has updated the parts to fix this problem then I suggest getting the work done before it goes off warranty and then it breaks. By the looks of things its only a matter of time until the boxes start to fall apart.
    I think this has little to do with abuse and much more with the fragility of the tranny itself. The sheer numbers are to much to ignore, given clutch-dumping-I'm-gonna-rape-your-honda antics can't help things either but SOA should fess up to their engineering mistake.
    Just a guest

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Mine goes in to the dealer for service tomorrow. First gear grinds even when shifting from neutral. I'll let everyone know the outcome.

I meet the SOA Tech Rep tomorrow. I'll post the results.

russ

I Support ClubWRX
    This thread got off track somewhere and has switched from one guy's experience to a pissing match to a general tranny discussion. So I split the new tranny discussion part off and closed this original thread to prevent confusion. Sorry if you find the split point arbitrary, but it was hard to sort the good from the bad.

Silverrex4 - give us an update when your status changes.

Chris
    "Inasmuch as ye have done it to one of the least of these my brethren, ye have done it to me." -Jesus

1990 Alfa Romeo Spider Veloce
    1992 Toyota 4Runner SR5 3.Slow
    1993 Honda CBR600F2
    2002 WRX SportWagon *sold*

Post Anyone's tranny popping out of gear?

Hi All,

Recently my '02 WRX wagon has begun popping out of 1st or 2nd gear. There's 15K miles on the clock and I have not raced it or abused it in any way -- no launches above 3500 RPM and no clutch dumps.

It only pops out when traveling at a steady speed or when letting off on the gas, never when accelerating. The first time it happened was about 1500 miles ago -- I was going down a steep hill in Berkeley in 2nd. It's happened maybe 30 or 40 times since then. Now it happens most in stop-and-go freeway traffic or when coming up to a light. In those situations I have to keep my hand on the shifter to keep it from popping out. BTW, it's a short-throw shifter.

I took it in to the dealer and they verified it and ordered parts (at least one synchro) and will fix it under warranty no problem. Has anyone else experienced this? If so, what did it turn out to be and was it resolved?

Thanks,

-- NeoLogos

This thread for transmission warranty experiences/woes only please. Discuss appropriate transmission usage/technique in the split thread.

-Pace

Ok, I just had to spliit three threads out of here. Let me just reiterate:

This thread is for transmission warranty issues.

i.e. It is intended as an occurence log of; 'what broke, what the dealer said, what happens now, etc. etc'.

This thread is not intended for; 'Hmm.. my shifting is stubborn too!'

If you have have [attempted to] pursue a transmission warranty repair with your dealership, we want to hear about it here. If you ultimately had to cover the cost yourself, we still want to hear from you. Thanks!

-Pace

Question WRX TRansmission Problem!!!

I have a 2002 WRX wagon. One of my buddy bought a sedan and has little over 10k on it. His 2nd gear teeth sheared off, simply came off while shifting. He took the car to the dealership and they simply refused to pay him (the car was bone stock), and said would cost him $3000 to put new parts!! He went for aftermarket stuff, which is much better product that the Subaru factory parts, paying same price.

I have heard similar problem in one other incident. I seriously think Subaru is trying to cover up Anybody knows about similar incidents??

Unhappy Transmission Problem, Teeth sheared off!!

I have a 2002 WRX wagon. One of my buddy bought a sedan and has little over 10k on it. His 2nd gear teeth sheared off, simply came off while shifting. He took the car to the dealership and they simply refused to pay him (the car was bone stock), and said would cost him $3000 to put new parts!! He went for aftermarket stuff, which is much better product that the Subaru factory parts, paying same price.

I have heard similar problem in one other incident. I seriously think Subaru is trying to cover up Anybosy knows about similar incidents??

PM IMPREZvWRX,

He has had the most tranny trouble.

Try three diff. dealerships!

-Jim

I Support ClubWRX
    You're double posted, Son.
    "Inasmuch as ye have done it to one of the least of these my brethren, ye have done it to me." -Jesus

1990 Alfa Romeo Spider Veloce
    1992 Toyota 4Runner SR5 3.Slow
    1993 Honda CBR600F2
    2002 WRX SportWagon *sold*

Houston, TX / Athens, GA -at the same time!
    I Support ClubWRX
    while the service dealership folk may be a bunch of d!ckheads about warrenty stuff, on the bright side, it encourages ppl to upgrade to better aftermarket stuff
    Silver 911
    WRX's older brother

I agree that Subaru sounds like it's being really closeminded about warranty repairs on the drivetrains of these vehicles. Boo/hiss. It's a terrible thing when the only thing I'm not happy with regarding this car has nothing to do with the car itself but the company that manufactured it!
    Aloha, Richard...
    Retired Moderator
    TXS Stage 4 UTEC + TMIC + JoeP
    12.75 @ 105.67mph - 1.74 60'

Deliberating enclaves of like-minded people are often a breeding ground for extreme movements - Cass Sunstein

I always cringe when I peek in on that thread.
    Aloha, Richard...
    Retired Moderator
    TXS Stage 4 UTEC + TMIC + JoeP
    12.75 @ 105.67mph - 1.74 60'

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.