Transmission warranty woes only (problem occurrence log) - Page 16
+ Reply to Thread
Page 16 of 18 FirstFirst ... 6789101112131415161718 LastLast

This is a discussion on Transmission warranty woes only (problem occurrence log) within the Transmission & AWD forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; thanks man, jus trying to get alot of info on the sti and wrx b/c i plan on getting one ...

thanks man,

jus trying to get alot of info on the sti and wrx b/c i plan on getting one soon. im doing alot of research on all the different years and the positive and negitives on the car

Thanks guys

I heart subaru

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

does any one know if the 07 tranny's built any better then the 06 cause im a little worried about installing any aftermarket parts on my new rex if my gears have a good chance of strippin...i really cant afford to void my waaranty
    Last edited by scmtheman; 04-04-2007 at 09:13 PM.

The 02 is the one with the glass tranny. I haven't heard anything real bad about the 06 but I also don't have that one

oh alright sweet

Dealerships

Hey I just found this sticky (i'm a nooooob) ... Does anyone know of any good dealerships in northern Jersey who may do this warranty work this is the second trans that has failed and my local dealer refuses to do the work.

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by TheCarBarn View Post
    Hey I just found this sticky (i'm a nooooob) ... Does anyone know of any good dealerships in northern Jersey who may do this warranty work this is the second trans that has failed and my local dealer refuses to do the work.
    What happened the first and second time it broke? Odds are it was probaly a "good faith" repair the first time and now they arent going to fix it. Rumor has it that the district rep has to approve/disapprove any tranny repairs. So if it's been fixed and then denied the second time I'm sure a Dis. Rep has been out and has probaly flagged the car in the datebase.

It's worth a shot taking it to another dealership. Any mods on the car? What year?
    0-60 faster then your first sexual experience.
    "You've come far, and though you're far from the end
    You don't mind where you are, cause you know where you've been"

Quote Originally Posted by Superorb View Post
    The 02 is the one with the glass tranny. I haven't heard anything real bad about the 06 but I also don't have that one
    the 02 only has a glass tranny if you don't know how to drive.... 02 tranny with 115,000 on it with many launches and many many autocross events!

I think ppl just need to learn how to drive for the most part.

just my .02 cents
    96 Mustang: Shorty Headers, X-pipe, Electronic cut out, Air silencer Delete, K&N air filter, really sticky tires
    (14.32 @ 96.7mph)

02 bugeye: exedy oem clutch, kybAGX struts, momo short-throw shifter, steel braided brake lines, stoptech rotors and stock rims (the 17inch wheel just weighed too much), 14.232 @ 94.75mph

---

Quote Originally Posted by 302@12psi View Post
    What happened the first and second time it broke? Odds are it was probaly a "good faith" repair the first time and now they arent going to fix it. Rumor has it that the district rep has to approve/disapprove any tranny repairs. So if it's been fixed and then denied the second time I'm sure a Dis. Rep has been out and has probaly flagged the car in the datebase.

It's worth a shot taking it to another dealership. Any mods on the car? What year?
    Hey thanks for the quick reply! Well the car has less than 35,000miles on it, no track time, no abuse, and no mods. Iím going to try other dealerships and see what happens, I really hope this works because this is ridiculous! Has anyone had any luck with legal action?

Quote Originally Posted by dehnem View Post
    the 02 only has a glass tranny if you don't know how to drive.... 02 tranny with 115,000 on it with many launches and many many autocross events!

I think ppl just need to learn how to drive for the most part.

just my .02 cents
    It's b/c of the dammed 2nd->1st shift that's impossible unless you're going 2 mph, and the super shudder problem. I'm sure that has something to do with it.

It's b/c of the dammed 2nd->1st shift that's impossible unless you're going 2 mph, and the super shudder problem. I'm sure that has something to do with it.
    I can shift my car into gear at 20mph if i so choose. That doesn't mean i do it all the time, i only drive like that if I am in an autocross even of some sort.

All you really have to do is change over to a different gear oil and the the transmission will be fine

I run Redline Gear oil 75W90 NS with 1 quart of Redline gear oil syncro mesh to help save the tranny I change the oil every 20,000 because i'm anal and it seems to be holding strong.

Just treat the car good and it will treat you good.
    96 Mustang: Shorty Headers, X-pipe, Electronic cut out, Air silencer Delete, K&N air filter, really sticky tires
    (14.32 @ 96.7mph)

02 bugeye: exedy oem clutch, kybAGX struts, momo short-throw shifter, steel braided brake lines, stoptech rotors and stock rims (the 17inch wheel just weighed too much), 14.232 @ 94.75mph

I can shift my car into gear at 20mph if i so choose. That doesn't mean i do it all the time, i only drive like that if I am in an autocross even of some sort.

All you really have to do is change over to a different gear oil and the the transmission will be fine

I run Redline Gear oil 75W90 NS with 1 quart of Redline gear oil syncro mesh to help save the tranny I change the oil every 20,000 because i'm anal and it seems to be holding strong.

Just treat the car good and it will treat you good.
    I just picked up the car a few months ago with 74k miles on it. Last month I changed to Scotty's cocktail and honestly, I'm not all too impressed. I'm used to Honda gearboxes. It doesn't stick as much and I could go into 1st a tad faster but I always have to double clutch. It just gets annoying at times, especially in downtown rush hour traffic with hills. It's just not fun to drive.

I just picked up the car a few months ago with 74k miles on it. Last month I changed to Scotty's cocktail and honestly, I'm not all too impressed. I'm used to Honda gearboxes. It doesn't stick as much and I could go into 1st a tad faster but I always have to double clutch. It just gets annoying at times, especially in downtown rush hour traffic with hills. It's just not fun to drive.
    which could be because the previous driver didn't take good care of the tranny or didn't know how to drive an AWD car.

and the reason the Honda is going to shift better is because it is a FWD car. There are less moving parts in the drive train and it isn't a direct connection to the tranny like your Subaru is.
    Last edited by dehnem; 04-19-2007 at 09:26 AM.
    (14.32 @ 96.7mph)

I've never driven another non-subaru awd or a rwd or anything where the shifter is directly in the tranny so you may be right. I don't have a basis for comparison.

I've never driven another non-subaru awd or a rwd or anything where the shifter is directly in the tranny so you may be right. I don't have a basis for comparison.
    I know for sure it isn't as good as my Mustang for how smooth it shifts, but even my mustang had trouble getting into first at times, and it was more clunky like these transmissions.

I do agree that the tranny isn't the greatest but i'd try redline gear oil and some syncromesh and see how that works, because so far it's been the best thing i've done for my car.
    (14.32 @ 96.7mph)

I know for sure it isn't as good as my Mustang for how smooth it shifts, but even my mustang had trouble getting into first at times, and it was more clunky like these transmissions.

I do agree that the tranny isn't the greatest but i'd try redline gear oil and some syncromesh and see how that works, because so far it's been the best thing i've done for my car.
    I've got RL lightweight shockproof, pennzoil synchromesh, and castrol hypoy C in mine. I've heard of people using ONLY the RL gera oil, but never GL gear oil with synchromesh.

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.