Transmission warranty woes only (problem occurrence log) - Page 14
Page 14 of 18 FirstFirst ... 456789101112131415161718 LastLast

This is a discussion on Transmission warranty woes only (problem occurrence log) within the Transmission & AWD forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; The STG2 on the 06 has alot of torque, I'm sure once they see all the mods the district isnt ...

I Support ClubWRX
    The STG2 on the 06 has alot of torque, I'm sure once they see all the mods the district isnt going to cover it. Sucks through but that's the risk people take. If I was going to take a loan out for tranny work I would borrow a little more and get PPG gears so you'll atleast be done and worry free of the tranny.
    0-60 faster then your first sexual experience.
    "You've come far, and though you're far from the end
    You don't mind where you are, cause you know where you've been"

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Very true, I am thinking about doing that. I am atleast doing RA set that is Cryotreated and micropolished. I am still hoping that they will cover it. The Service manager said if he denies it he can put me in touch with him, and maybe by talking to him I can atleast get him to cover labor. Then I will get the gearset I want and have them install that!!

Chris
    06 TR SGM
    Cobb Stage 2
    Invidia DP, JIC Catback, Tein S-Techs
    Full STI Interior Swap, MB Weapons(GramLight 57s)
    Seibon Carbon Fiber Hood/Trunk

I Support ClubWRX
    Make sure a quality shop is installing the gears and not some out of the loop dealership. Installs on gears have more to do with it then most think.

A quality gear set installed by a company like Andrewtech will almost always last longer then a less qualified shop.

Well The dealership im at is Probably one of the best. It is the Most recommended here in Phoenix, and the shop looked incredible. So From what ive seen it looks to be a VERY good place. So Im sure they would have a good tech there that can build a gear box. U think that would work?

Chris
    06 TR SGM
    Cobb Stage 2

now i know what dealership to go to when i dump the clutch and spread gears all over the tarmac.
    embattled, we prevail...only victory exhaled.

haha, True. But it does happen with more than just clutch dumps. The Clutch was NEVER EVER dumped in my car. Some decent shifts, but nothing ever crazy. Not psycho downshifts, and no Dumping of the clutch.

Chris

PS. Im still waiting on the dealership to call me back as to wat all broke.
    06 TR SGM
    Cobb Stage 2

UPDATE!!

Well I talked to the service manager tonight while I was at work. He said the District Guy that comes to look at internals said he would cover it only as a ONE time basis thing. He said that it was abuse that did it, but seeing my situation he basically was just being nice. I said ok, but I wanted a set of RA gears. SO long story short. POWER subaru of Scottsdale is going to Warranty ALL labor, and all parts necessary EXCEPT for the RA Gearset. I just ordered a RA gearset that was Cryo-Treated and Micropolished. I know this isnt bulletproof but Its much better than stock. SO basically the gearset is being overnighted to the dealership at their cost, and I should have my car back on Thursday!!

chris
    06 TR SGM
    Cobb Stage 2

I'm taking my car in to the dealership on wednesday to get my tranny looked at. My car is a certified pre owned w/ 52k and i've had it for 3k so they don't have a choice but to replace things is how i look at it. The 3rd gear has a grindy feel to it when it's in gear and it's by far the worst out of all the gears. I should get a loaner under warranty also.
    Blobeye Syndicate #2004
    Military Militia #30-06

2004 WRX - JBP:Stage 2:13.93 @ 96

Wingless alas. Too bad it took a 50 ton truck to make it happen.

Quote Originally Posted by 302@12psi
    The STG2 on the 06 has alot of torque, I'm sure once they see all the mods the district isnt going to cover it. Sucks through but that's the risk people take. If I was going to take a loan out for tranny work I would borrow a little more and get PPG gears so you'll atleast be done and worry free of the tranny.

I am kinda scared to go stage 2 on MY06 now.... I also never launch or shift hard ever, but that is sacary
    2004 WRX Sti Cobb Stage 2
    GO COUGS!!!

I Support ClubWRX
    Dudley123: I wouldnt expect anything other then better ratios out of the RA set. Either way good to hear Subaru excersizing a good faith repair.

Powder: I'd keep your expectations of Subaru a little lower when it comes to warranty.

Quote Originally Posted by 302@12psi
    Powder: I'd keep your expectations of Subaru a little lower when it comes to warranty.
    They already told me that since it's a certified pre-owned, it's covered. If they come back and tell me that it's an abuse issue, i'll see em in court. It hasn't been to the track since i owned it (yet) and it has no mods done to it. The service manager flat out told me that despite horror stories i've heard about subaru dealerships not upholding warranties, he isn't like that. He also said that if they missed that when they certified it, then it was on them not me.
    Blobeye Syndicate #2004
    Military Militia #30-06

I Support ClubWRX
    Well that's good and hopefully they'll hold to it. Sounds like he knows what's going on which is more then most service reps.

Yea Exactly. Powder it does sound like they know what they are talking about which is a good thing.

Chris
    06 TR SGM
    Cobb Stage 2

Well, dealership's got it now. They gave me a loaner under warranty, a '06 Forester. We'll see what they have to say about the WRX. They wrote up the transmission thing as a warranty fix and they're changing the oil and checking the brakes for rotor warpage. I told them to call before they fix anything so we'll see how they do. If they f it up, i'm gonna be pissed though. I don't like it when people do something w/o my authorization.
    Blobeye Syndicate #2004
    Military Militia #30-06

I read a few pages of this and am wondering if there's some correct way to drive a subaru 5sp. I just came form a honda 5sp which I love, and this Scooby is tough to master. I get loads of chatter going into 1st gear from a stop, and also 2nd gear from neutral. It's really pissing me off that I can't figure it out. So, is there a thread explaining how to drive a scooby?