Transmission warranty woes only (problem occurrence log) - Page 13
+ Reply to Thread
Page 13 of 18 FirstFirst ... 3456789101112131415161718 LastLast

This is a discussion on Transmission warranty woes only (problem occurrence log) within the Transmission & AWD forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; chris, why do u think they won't warranty it? is it like subaru polocy not to fix trannies at all? ...

chris, why do u think they won't warranty it? is it like subaru polocy not to fix trannies at all? i wouldnt be suprised but..... isn't it possible at all that the tranny just was faulty, o by the way if i may remind u this is my second tranny to break my first one went out at 1500 miles..... when that happened they only made me pay for parts, which i dont unbderstand at all....

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by hksimprezawrx
    chris, why do u think they won't warranty it? is it like subaru polocy not to fix trannies at all? i wouldnt be suprised but..... isn't it possible at all that the tranny just was faulty, o by the way if i may remind u this is my second tranny to break my first one went out at 1500 miles..... when that happened they only made me pay for parts, which i dont unbderstand at all....
    cas the district manager is going to look at your car.
    when mine broke. they were going to fix it under warranty, but the district manager guy came buy and took a look at it and got DENIED. the guy at the dealer was like "theres nothing we can do now"
    SOCAL F4#02 OG member

2002 PSM WRX stage 6
    2007 Kawasaki Ninja ZX6R

For sheared off gears, I've heard rumors it is. Also it's possible that 2'nd was dead and 3'rd was missing enough teeth for them to call it dead etc..

If I remember correctly you do all your own work don't you? If so replacement gears and other stuff shouldn't run you that much to do the rebuild.

damn this sucks, u dont think it will be different with me? cause i have a stock motor besides the pipes.... if i remeber correctly u had a very heavily modified engine including turbo and FMIC along with ecutech.... and all the pipes u can possibly slap on... lol but really, maybe i could get it? let me know

it's possible, not likely. Plan for the worst, hope for the best.

I did have a semi-heavily modified car and I tried to break my 5MT but it wouldn't give up on me.

Quote Originally Posted by BrianH
    For sheared off gears, I've heard rumors it is. Also it's possible that 2'nd was dead and 3'rd was missing enough teeth for them to call it dead etc..

If I remember correctly you do all your own work don't you? If so replacement gears and other stuff shouldn't run you that much to do the rebuild.
    i will definewtly be willing to fix my own tranny if they pay for the parts.... but not likely

o by the way the attorney that im currently talking to said that he is almost absolutley positive that he can get me a new car and compensation if they dont cover it due to the fact that this is the second tranny within the 3/36 and also how many times ive had to replace the stock 6 disc and how many times its been to the dealership, the only thing is that he says i have to produce the reciepts, ill keep u guys posted tomorrow

o by the way the attorney that im currently talking to said that he is almost absolutley positive that he can get me a new car and compensation if they dont cover it due to the fact that this is the second tranny within the 3/36 and also how many times ive had to replace the stock 6 disc and how many times its been to the dealership, the only thing is that he says i have to produce the reciepts, ill keep u guys posted tomorrow

I've yet to hear of ANYONE winning a suit and i'm sure there have been some. Remember the attorney gets paid whether you win or not, so of course you've got a rock solid case.

Quote Originally Posted by BrianH
    I've yet to hear of ANYONE winning a suit and i'm sure there have been some. Remember the attorney gets paid whether you win or not, so of course you've got a rock solid case.
    +1
    96 Mustang: Shorty Headers, X-pipe, Electronic cut out, Air silencer Delete, K&N air filter, really sticky tires
    (14.32 @ 96.7mph)

02 bugeye: exedy oem clutch, kybAGX struts, momo short-throw shifter, steel braided brake lines, stoptech rotors and stock rims (the 17inch wheel just weighed too much), 14.232 @ 94.75mph

i am with you

i havent posted in a while... any way, i broke my tranny about 2 days ago, it is still under the 3/36 warranty, i took it into the dealer and they say that they are tareing it down tomorrow but if they decide it isnt under warranty then just the tare down will cost me 600. i have less mods then i used too, bov. intake, and turbo back. i wasnt racing when this happened but bassically it poped when i took it out of 1st gear (not even an attempt to put it into 2nd) every time it rolls about 3 ft. in neutral it makes a really loud harsh grind and clap. i have no gears what so ever. i dont know what to think but i hope they dont make me pay for it. i wanted to just voice what happened. if they do not pay for this i will be fileing for a massive settlement with as many subaru owners that i can find with a problem with warranties in the past. wish me luck *crosses fingers*
    Hey if you do do a settlement, i got your back.... same **** happened to me and they wouldn't fix it...

just talked to subaru of ontario this morning, they said it will be fully covered under warranty....... WOOT!!!!!!!!!!!!

my car is in no way shape or form a stock vehicle!!!!! im so happy and excited! thank you SUBARU OF ONTARIO

I Support ClubWRX
    just talked to subaru of ontario this morning, they said it will be fully covered under warranty....... WOOT!!!!!!!!!!!!

my car is in no way shape or form a stock vehicle!!!!! im so happy and excited! thank you SUBARU OF ONTARIO
    This cant be true, subaru doesnt do warranty work
    0-60 faster then your first sexual experience.
    "You've come far, and though you're far from the end
    You don't mind where you are, cause you know where you've been"

Well I guess you can add another 06 Owner to the Tranny issue thread. I was just driving normally in 3rd and POW, Every like 3 feet there is a jerk, and Pop. I had it towed to Power Subaru in Scottsdale. I am hoping to god that they will warranty it. They told me about the 500 dollar tear down, and whether or not the District guy will cover it. We are not for sure whether its teath off the gears. But he said it its ONLY teeth then they usually dont cover it. If its more than teeth then they might cover it. So I guess if they dont cover it, I am hoping I can talk them into like I pay for a new gearset and they will install it. I dunno, cuz if thats the case, I will take out a loan and put the RA Gearset in. We will find out monday. I will keep everyone Informed.

PS. There was NO ragging or Clutch dumps EVER done on this car.
    06 TR SGM
    Cobb Stage 2
    Invidia DP, JIC Catback, Tein S-Techs
    Full STI Interior Swap, MB Weapons(GramLight 57s)
    Seibon Carbon Fiber Hood/Trunk

This cant be true, subaru doesnt do warranty work
    You're kidding right?

Been there, done that.... 3 times worth on 5th gear! All covered by SOA.
    And all done at the Subaru dealer in ONTARIO.

what did the service guys say when they say they are going to cover it. Did they ask any questions? Leme know cuz im sweating BAD on whether or not they are going to cover it.

chrs
    06 TR SGM
    Cobb Stage 2
    Invidia DP, JIC Catback, Tein S-Techs
    Full STI Interior Swap, MB Weapons(GramLight 57s)
    Seibon Carbon Fiber Hood/Trunk

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.