Transmission warranty woes only (problem occurrence log) - Page 11
+ Reply to Thread
Page 11 of 18 FirstFirst ... 23456789101112131415161718 LastLast

This is a discussion on Transmission warranty woes only (problem occurrence log) within the Transmission & AWD forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; second occurance 3 gear well had had my car back for abut a month and was going down te road ...

second occurance 3 gear

second occurance 3 gear

well had had my car back for abut a month and was going down te road in third at 35 and pop the same sound as last time I pulled over at a friends house and called road side assit. the sent out a towing comp. - in 2hours time from a 1hour drive they picked the car up and sent it to the nearest dealership another hour in the opposite direction, the next morning I wwent to the dealership and they had called the dealership where I purchased the car and said to talk to my dad before the opened the tranny because the last time they fixed it under "goodwill" so now Im thinking my options are, first take it to the dealer that I purchased the car from, let them dissasemble it and see if they will fix it under warrenty, if not get ra gears, the sti tranny, or trade for a car on their lot.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Subaru's Responsibilty to us

I do want to say I wish subaru made an effort to inform their buyers how to shift their cars properly, and make clear that they will break easily with stress. Im sad that I wasnt aware of this and now Im going to end up spending money on my brand new 2006 wrx tr to fix the transmission.

waiting for response

My transmission just went out last Friday on my 2002 WRX (77000KM = ~48000 miles). I downshifted in 3rd gear at 100KMh (60mph) and the tranny just blew up. I towed it to the dealersgip 3 hours away. When I got there they said that that car is modified, we might not put this on warranty! I only changed the exhaust (including uppipe and downpipe) and added a cold air intake. The district manager is suppose to visit today. After reading this forum, i'm worried they won't put it on warranty. arghh what a nightmare. Anyone have any tips if they refuse the warranty. What would help make them change their minds?

Quote Originally Posted by porkchops
    My transmission just went out last Friday on my 2002 WRX (77000KM = ~48000 miles). I downshifted in 3rd gear at 100KMh (60mph) and the tranny just blew up. I towed it to the dealersgip 3 hours away. When I got there they said that that car is modified, we might not put this on warranty! I only changed the exhaust (including uppipe and downpipe) and added a cold air intake. The district manager is suppose to visit today. After reading this forum, i'm worried they won't put it on warranty. arghh what a nightmare. Anyone have any tips if they refuse the warranty. What would help make them change their minds?
    if your car is modified, all bets are off. unless you get a lawyer, you don't have much of a leg to stand on, which is why this tread got started. you are one out of 10's of thousands of WRX owners going through this.
    embattled, we prevail...only victory exhaled.

waiting for response

just called the head mechanic, he hasnn't received a cacll from the district manager yet, he just sent him pictures of the transmissions. The district manager will not see the car. Hope that's good. I will call back in 5 hours... will let you know how it turns out

update on transmission fix

Regional manager still hasn't called but the Head Mechanic is almost finished reassembling the transmission and said it should be warrantied. He said at first that he tought it was power shifted or I missed a gear (which never happened) and I then reassurded him that I always always double clutch even with my Tercel. He then said he had no idea what could of happened and that it would most likely go on the warranty.

It's going to cost me a new pressure plate and clutch, although he said the clutch was still re-usable but not in good shape and he had already installed a new one before I had given a response that I wanted him to change it. I guess it's a good idea to change it. He said it was around 800$ canadian for those (without labour). I could of had a ceremic after market with flywheel for that price... hopefully I won't get charged the labour (don't know yet).

One thing that pisses me off is that he said he replaced the mainshaft and the gears (don't know if it's all 6 gears or just the broken ones (2nd, 3rd and 4th). Don't know if that will cause me grief down the road.

The district manager denied the warranty claim because of abuse. How do they determine this? Are we even allowed to drive the car or else it is abuse. It's going to cost me 3000$ for the replacement parts and labour that they put in... I never agreed for them to change any parts. No way in hell am I ever buying another Subaru.

Opening a transmission question

Does anyone know how long it should take to remove a transmission and open it to determine the issue (not reassembling it)?

if you went on book time probably 6 hours

Subaru doesn't honor warranty claims - Magnusson-Moss Law

Does anyone know of the Magnusson-Moss Law? A dealership cannot deny a warranty claim because of modified part unless they can prove that the modified part directly cause the failure of the warrantied part. How can an exhaust be directly linked to a fault transmission if they can't determine the car was abused?

Quote Originally Posted by porkchops
    How can an exhaust be directly linked to a fault transmission if they can't determine the car was abused?
    Service Tech: "He's got this big ass downpipe on his car. I doubt he takes it easy."

Service Manager: "I agree. Probably shifted too fast or hard at some point or another."

The MM Act isn't gonna do squat for you unless you go to court
    embattled, we prevail...only victory exhaled.

bigass downpipe

that sounds like something they could of said... but the service tech then told me he couldn't see any signs of abuse.... I doubt myself the the M-M law would work

Talking 06 wrx shifting bad

i just took my 06 wrx in today because whenever you would start from a stop as you came off the clutch the car would start to rumble as if i was stalling out then when you shift it would chatter real hard the clutch pedal did not feel smooth releasing it anymore and rarely it wouldn't go to gear . probably for a week or more when i rolled around in low rpm u would hear a squeaking sound and it came when the clutch was only released including neutral.coming into reverse was horrible as you let go of the clutch the car would like jump on me as if u were pumping the brake. one day during last week my dad borrowed my car and wen he came back it reeked like clutch and everyday after that it would smell and i always shift at 3,000rpm well the bad side is i took it to subaru and the guy said its gonna be $435 to lift it and take out my tranny to check it out is that even right? i thought if it was under warranty that its all covered by them i only have 11,700 miles never launched and never shifted hard and please can i get opinions of what u think might be the problem and if u do have to pay for them to look at it

If they deny your warranty you will have to pay for it but if it goes on your warranty you shouldn't have to pay for anything. Do you have any mods on your car?

Subaru is not an honest company and they don't often honor the warranty, hope it works out for you.

i am completely stock...i called in today and they told me that my clutch was burned i asked wat about my flywheel and they replied that they would check it out as soon as they took it out as for replacing there is a chance i will get consideration for warranty because i have low mileage

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.