Tranny stuck in neutral???
+ Reply to Thread

This is a discussion on Tranny stuck in neutral??? within the Transmission & AWD forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; I was crusing down the street today and shifted quick from 2nd to 3rd, however 3rd gear went in about ...

Tranny stuck in neutral???

I was crusing down the street today and shifted quick from 2nd to 3rd, however 3rd gear went in about half way popped back out and then the tranny was stuck in neutral. I didnt hear anything break it just seems like someone welded the shifter into neutral and it wont let me shift into any gear. My clutch is fine, so the only thing I can thing of is the tranny broke , however I am not sure how. Has anyone else had this problem.
    Sold: 2002 WRX
    w/VS0 best of 13.5 at 97.5

New: 2003 Silverado

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Well, there is actually nothing wrong with my tanny. He said that it might have gotten stuck inbetween two gears. But he said that my tranny was in better shap than most WRX's that come in, He said the clutch is great, zero metal shavings, shifts smooth as hell. Who knows, its the weirdest thing that I have ever seen.
    Sold: 2002 WRX
    w/VS0 best of 13.5 at 97.5

New: 2003 Silverado

has to happen to someone, sometime. this time it just happened to be you.
    at least it's working now

I've been searching all over the net for this. This just happened to mine and I don't know how to go about it. It also just crapped on my going from 2nd to 3rd. What was it if the tranny is still great?

I Support ClubWRX
    Kudos for bringing up a thread all the way back from 2003, but it's highly unlikely you will get an answer form this fellow.
    2011 WRB WRX Sedan - Q300, Invidia Catted Downpipe, Cobb RAM Intake w/Box, Tuned buy Turn in Concepts
    Stink-Eye Mob #696
    Build Thread
    Facebook
    @billym14

Seriously just googled it and it brought this up. The only thing that matches exactly what happened with mine.

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.