Shifter popped out of 3rd

This is a discussion on Shifter popped out of 3rd within the Transmission & AWD forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; I was taking a wide right turn at 40 and in 3rd. While in the middle of the turn, the ...

Shifter popped out of 3rd

I was taking a wide right turn at 40 and in 3rd. While in the middle of the turn, the shifter came out of 3rd as I was holding onto it without me depressing the clutch. Is this bad, or did I get it at the moment when the gears were lined up for it to do that?
    Fahd

Floats like a butterfly and stings like when I pee!

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

You're fine. You can pull the car out of gear without the clutch fine as long as you're not giving it gas (if you were you'd probably grind the gear a bit). If you didn't grind it, don't worry.
    Current mods on my 2003 Silver WRX: Autospeed Flex Uppipe, Perrin Downpipe w/cat, TXS UTEC, Goodrich Stainless Steel Brake Lines, TXS HPBC [15.9 PSI]. Valentine One. Tuned by God. Silencer Free.

Originally posted by flsRocksYou
    You're fine. You can pull the car out of gear without the clutch fine as long as you're not giving it gas (if you were you'd probably grind the gear a bit). If you didn't grind it, don't worry.
    Yeah, no grind. Thanks man
    Fahd

Floats like a butterfly and stings like when I pee!