06 20g'd Wagon -----> 06 STI Tranny! - Page 7
+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567

This is a discussion on 06 20g'd Wagon -----> 06 STI Tranny! within the Transmission & AWD forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; Is the forester a longer travel suspension as well? or just a larger strut between the knuckle and the perch? ...

I Support ClubWRX
    Is the forester a longer travel suspension as well? or just a larger strut between the knuckle and the perch?

I noticed the sideskirts... makes it actually look taller than it is
    Kevin
    Sinister's Blowoff Valve FAQ
    WRX Gas Mileage FAQ
    Sinister's Progress Thread - 430whp 429wtq - Sold
    Firearms Enthusiasts Thread

The Sheriff's Star at the bottom left corner rates a user's reputation.
    If you found a user's post to be helpful or quite the opposite, please make it known to them by clicking the Star!

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by Sinister View Post
    Is the forester a longer travel suspension as well? or just a larger strut between the knuckle and the perch?

I noticed the sideskirts... makes it actually look taller than it is
    Well the diameter of the strut is the same as WRX (smaller than STI) and yes, both strut and spring are longer. More travel but the size of my tires rub on the fender liner if I take a DIP at high speed.
    F4.21 have root access, will travel
    :wq! 6MT20G

Quote Originally Posted by volcomsoldier19 View Post
    long haul, the wagon will give you happiness in the times of madness...

Your ride is turning in to quite a hodgepodge of Subaru bits.

Link to pictures?

Quote Originally Posted by jeremy96gase View Post
    Your ride is turning in to quite a hodgepodge of Subaru bits.

Link to pictures?

"Hodgepodge" is a fantastic description!!!

http://www.clubwrx.net/forums/2466900-post1408.html

YouTube - WRX Wagon Offroad off camber

F4.21 have root access, will travel
    :wq! 6MT20G

Quote Originally Posted by volcomsoldier19 View Post
    long haul, the wagon will give you happiness in the times of madness...

Glad you liked my wordage

Great pictures!

sti driveshaft fitment

Quote Originally Posted by ansonowicz View Post
    Assmbly (Part 2)

Align the clutch fork assembly, and finally connect all harnesses and grounds. With the exception of the before mentioned connector, I ended up cutting off all keys to the connector & using the 4 pins I needed. Re-install all crossmembers and supports systems. Also re-asemble shifter assembly, rubber boots and check to ensure all gears engage (including reverse lock).

Rear diff. Piece of cake, nothing to report.

Driveshaft....I should have checked fitment beforehand. When it was time to mate it up, the so called STI driveshaft I had was about 2.5 inches too long. Nothing lined up. Being here in Long Beach, I was fortunate enough to be surrounded by tons of hot rod shops & fabricators. I was able to drive over to the driveshaft shop, provide all of the necessary dimensions he asked for, he chopped & balanced the driveshaft .

After instaling the driveshaft, I was finally able to mate it up....it fit perfectly. Re-assemble center supports, covers, etc.

Bringing this thread back from the dead... I thought when swapping 06 sti tranny into 06 wrx the sti driveshaft is supposed to be compatible along with an automatic driveshaft from an impreza?? Just curious because I'm getting ready to do the swap on my 06 wrx and the tranny o bought is coming with an sti driveshaft

I Support ClubWRX
    Sti driveshaft is only compatible if you use the correct sti rear diff.

If you want to use an 02-05 WRX rear diff, then that's when you use the automatic driveshaft

I hate to direct anyone away from CLUBWRX.... But NASIOC has a huge transmission swap thread which describes all of the combos possible.
    Kevin
    WRX Gas Mileage FAQ

If you found a user's post to be helpful or quite the opposite, please make it known to them by clicking the Star!

Sti driveshaft is only compatible if you use the correct sti rear diff.

If you want to use an 02-05 WRX rear diff, then that's when you use the automatic driveshaft

I hate to direct anyone away from CLUBWRX.... But NASIOC has a huge transmission swap thread which describes all of the combos possible.
    sweet! Thanks for the quick response! Found an auto driveshaft today!

I Support ClubWRX
    You know that you have to get the correct final drive in the transmission and rear diff, right?

Some center diffs were 1.1:1 which meant a 3.54 diff was needed for a 3.9 transmission.

Then the 06,07 wrxs had a 3.7fd, which means the rear diff can't be used with the STi transmission at all.
    Kevin
    WRX Gas Mileage FAQ

I Support ClubWRX
    My last post had said 02-05wrx diff for the auto shaft. I believe your 06 rear axles can fit in the 02-05wrx diff. So you should look into getting an 02-05 diff. I'm only 99% on all of my info. You need to check with someone that has done your exact swap. I did the full drivetrain in mine
    Kevin
    WRX Gas Mileage FAQ

My last post had said 02-05wrx diff for the auto shaft. I believe your 06 rear axles can fit in the 02-05wrx diff. So you should look into getting an 02-05 diff. I'm only 99% on all of my info. You need to check with someone that has done your exact swap. I did the full drivetrain in mine
    Yes your correct. I currently have 04 wrx rear diff, 05 wrx auto driveshaft, clutch fork, seals, and 06 tranny. I still need to find tranny mounts and a slave cylinder from an 06+ sti which has been very difficult to find.

I have the same car and am trying to sti transmission swap it as well but I am stuck on which one to choose

I Support ClubWRX I Support ClubWRX
    The 07+ six speed has better gear ratios than 04-06. And if you're swapping for durability, I would swap in the r180 too. The r160 isn't exactly a strong diff.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.