Clutch install suggestions

This is a discussion on Clutch install suggestions within the Transmission & AWD forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; I am going to order my act street clutch this week. I plan on doing the install myself once the ...

Clutch install suggestions

I am going to order my act street clutch this week. I plan on doing the install myself once the weather warms up a little bit. I have done several clutches in the past, so I am not too worried about not being able to get it done. I have seen that people use 2 different methods for the subaru's. One involves removing the tranny and the other involves actually sliding the engine forward. Can anyone tell me which one would be a better descision. As of now I plan on removing the tranny. I have searched, but I was was unable to come up with a post with clear instructions. All posts I have come across relate to older impreza's. I am replacing the clutch because I don't really like the feel, and it tends to chatter a little bit. I don't plan to launch the car, so I am not worried about breaking the tranny.
    06-wrx: stage 2 and loving every minute of it!

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I just did this (well took it to a tranny shop) i searched for something clear that was model/year specific but i found a really good write up ( which ill look for and post again soon as i find it) for an RS impreza.. i decided not to do it myself since i couldn't turn the flywheel. I am glad i did also, not only is the retaining clip that holds the pressure plate on a *****_ to get off but my flywheel had some pretty bad hot spots that the shop was able to smooth back down. Now your going to do the flywheel and such you dont have that concern, i already had one in i wanted to keep.

GL man its an ALL day job in the garage for 2 people.
    2003 Platinum Silver Metalic Sedan
    VF-34 Powered
    My Mods
    Quote Originally Posted by Yossarian
    Even if your car was stock, your chances of warranty coverage are about as good as a retarded chimp trying to do a calculus problem while high on pcp.