Transition/motor Mount Question on 02 WRX
+ Reply to Thread

This is a discussion on Transition/motor Mount Question on 02 WRX within the Transmission & AWD forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; My car shakes violently when I'm rolling from a stop while slipping the clutch to move. I also have a ...

Transition/motor Mount Question on 02 WRX

My car shakes violently when I'm rolling from a stop while slipping the clutch to move. I also have a lot of chatter, but it's like the car is literally having a seizure. I'm waiting for the bolts to fall out from under the glove compartment and the diamond plate floorboard to fall out hehe, sorry for the 2F2F pun

Anyways, how hard is it to swap the tranny mount out, and is it good to swap the motor mounts at the same time? This is a daily driver so I would like it to remain civilized. I don't want to rattle my fillings out of my teeth.

Car is an 02 with 73k miles, stock everything except KB shifter and bushing.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

ODJ
    I found this thread a while ago:
    STi Transmission & Engine Mounts

The tranny mount looks easy, while the motor mounts are more difficult, but still workable.

I'm planning on doing the tranny mount by itself. Hopefully it'll make shifting a bit more precise and take some slop out of the drivetrain.

The best price I found on the tranny mount was $69 shipped from Guppe-S.
    UNSPOILT BY PROGRESS

Quote Originally Posted by ODJ View Post
    I found this thread a while ago:
    STi Transmission & Engine Mounts

The tranny mount looks easy, while the motor mounts are more difficult, but still workable.

I'm planning on doing the tranny mount by itself. Hopefully it'll make shifting a bit more precise and take some slop out of the drivetrain.

The best price I found on the tranny mount was $69 shipped from Guppe-S.
    Thanks!! $69 for a mount, yikes.. My honda mounts were $25 tops.

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.