Subaru WRX Forum banner

2011 subaru wrx clutch shot?

2K views 8 replies 4 participants last post by  MainFrame 
#1 ·
So my brother's car was good driving today and suddenly a car stopped in front of him upon take off from stop it seemed to act as if it was in neutral now it will not move in any gear unless it's revved above 5k rpms, it will roll in neutral. It will also not stall while in gear and clutch pedal released my assumption is that the clutch took a dump does this sound right?

#4 ·
I've melted a clutch together and it's just the opposite. If the clutch is melted together you can shift through the gears with the engine off, but will be locked out of all gears while the engine is running.. you can start the car in gear (it will move forward while cranking). You can still drive the car, but pressing the pedal to the floor does nothing.. to change gears you have to be moving forward and carefully rev match (it's hard on the synchros).

#6 ·
2 days ago I had the same issues with my 2013wrx the clutch had a meltdown, the dealership is saying the warranty won't cover the clutch seeing as its a ware and tear item, so now I'm looking for a new clutch and I'm swinging towards a stage 2, any suggestions?

#9 ·
ACT HDSS is a great clutch for cars making ~320-390wtq (if the car is stock I would definitely go with something a little less aggressive). Out of five different clutches I've ran between my two WRXs, it has been my favorite clutch by far. Watch out with the supplied TOB though, they have a high failure rate. I would go ahead and shell out the extra cash to put an OEM TOB in when you do the clutch job.. trust me, it's no fun having to rip it out three months later to replace the TOB.

#8 ·
Honestly sounds like the throwout bearing.
On my old car you could put it in any gear without the use of the clutch and it wouldn't stall out. Only way it moved is if you put it in first and revved it as high as it would go.

I got lucky and chp got behind me and pushed me into a truck stop where I waited about 2 hours for a tow

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.