Subaru WRX Forum banner

2012 WRX clutch

2K views 3 replies 3 participants last post by  McBill 
#1 ·
Hey all,

Stock clutch has 80k miles on it and still happy, but hoping to get an idea of what to buy for the inevitable day when the clutch finally dies. The car has the mods mentioned in my signature and will be receiving a re-tune at Neetronics in Ontario, SPT catback, Cobb Sf intake and box, and GrimmSpeed TMIC so I assume it will be over 300 wtq by the end.

I looked at the Exedy stage 1, but it says max load for it is 301 wtq. There's a Competition Clutch kit (+ flywheel) from IAG I'm looking at, wanted to know anyone's thoughts/recommendations or experiences with a similar setup.
https://www.iagperformance.com/Competition-Clutch-S2-Clutch-Flywheel-WRX-LGT-p/15026-2100.htm

The car still sees occasional autocross and track use in the summer, other than that just year-round spirited driving if that helps.

#3 ·
I've heard from some that it may be a bit much and actually do harm to the frail 5 speed

#4 ·
Nah it would be fine. What would kill the trans is too much power or the user behind the clutch pedal.

ACT and Exedy are both good clutches. You will be fine so long as you get a clutch that's rated for just a little bit more than your planned wheel torque.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.