Subaru WRX Forum banner

Kartboy or Cobb Short throw shifter?

11K views 9 replies 8 participants last post by  brucewayne 
#1 ·
Hi,

I have the factory installed STI short throw linkage on my 14 WRX and still would like a shorter throw. I was thinking of doing the shifter and bushings; from what I have heard the Kartboy and Cobb work with the STI sts.
Which one would you recommend; both on the shifter and the bushings?

Thanks,

Nic S.

#2 ·
I have the cobb and I would get the Kartboy. Its a pain trying to get Cobb adjusted as low as possible without interference from the e brake. Just go with kartboy and be happy with the height. Unless you want a Cobb sticker.

#3 ·
Well I was gonna say the opposite haha. I have the Cobb and I love it. I have it adjusted pretty damn low and it's so nice. I thought it was pretty easy to install, just had to cut a bunch of the foam out of the way in the back otherwise it would hit.. And I went with the Kartboy bushings.

#4 ·
I tried to set it super low but the e brake gets in my way. You cant go wrong with either one. There is just a little more trial and error trying to find the "perfect" set up for the Cobb.

#6 ·
Kartboy is amazing. if you already have the short shifter I'd just get the bushings. I switched from the same shifter as you, to the shifter w/ bushings and it didn't shorten the shifts much, but the bushings made the shift feel 1000x better.

#8 ·
I have a barely used 08+ kartboy shifter (just the shifter) that I'd sell you on the cheap. If you're interested pm me.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.