Subaru WRX Forum banner

Impreza RS clutch

927 views 4 replies 4 participants last post by  wreckingball man 
#1 · (Edited)
Hello,

I just picked up a 2002 Impreza Wagon RS about 2 weeks ago.

Anyways, driving home this afternoon once I shifted into 3rd I felt some sort of thud under me, not loud or horrible sounding, just a non-normal noise. After that, the clutch feels very different. The thing engages low (it was low before, didn't pay attention to how low) right around 1/2-1" off of the floor. The car does grind once in a while going into gear (only first or reverse maybe once a day) and the car normally shifts fine. The pedal now has some sort of sticking point and barely returns after the clutch engages (its hesitent to spring back up). I am going to try to lube the pedal assembly itself (there are 2 springs on top). I also checked the clutch master cylindar and it is full with no signs of leaking.

If the lubing doesn't help, what should I start looking for? The previous owner is my bosses son-in-law and is a very good guy and he told me he replaced the clutch and throw out bearing not long ago. I did google it and a few people said it is possibly the clutch master cylindar going, is it possible?

(Ps I know this isn't a WRX, but I didn't feel like making a Nasioc account.)

Thanks

(Edit) lubing the clutch assembly helped dramatically, hopefully this is all it takes.

See less See more
#2 ·
If it does it again, try bleeding your clutch line.

Reactions: TheJ
#4 ·
I'm just here to help.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.