2013 wrx SS whine
+ Reply to Thread

This is a discussion on 2013 wrx SS whine within the Transmission & AWD forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; ive read through a few threads talking about drivetrain whine but I have a quick question just to be safe. ...

2013 wrx SS whine

ive read through a few threads talking about drivetrain whine but I have a quick question just to be safe.

2013 Wrx limited Hatch 25k miles

Purchased and installed a Cobb SS and bushings, after the install I hear a whine unless I depress my clutch, my worry is in the manual it says do not rest you're hand on the shift knob while driving I was wondering if this could be putting pressure on something its not supposed to. its less noticeable when the car warms up , most noticeable after bushings were installed but I did install the SS first. any comments would be greatly appreciated cant afford a tranny rebuild

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I Support ClubWRX
    Do you notice it in any specific gears? This sounds to me like the normal whine of the transmission. It comes as no surprise that the bushings amplified the noise as they sort of pull everything together in making your shifting more resposive.

Sent from a long time ago, in a galaxy far, far away
    2011 WRB WRX Sedan - Q300, Invidia Catted Downpipe, Cobb RAM Intake w/Box, Tuned by Turn in Concepts
    Stink-Eye Mob #696
    Build Thread
    Facebook
    @billym14

yes I hear it through all gears, some more prominent than others, also I moved the knob around in 5th gear on the highway if I push it to a certain spot the noise decreases or I can push it another way and it will increase

The Guy On The Couch TownLine500's Avatar
    I Support ClubWRX
    Sounds normal like Billy suggested.

I changed my tranny mount to a Group N.
    And also added a Beatrush pitch stop mount.
    This amplifys the tranny wine. I also have replaced most of my 13s bushings.
    I like the noise myself, that race car sound is great.
    STINK EYE MOB #500

2009 Subaru Impreza (I bought it new for my Mom)
    2004 Subaru WRX (Sold)
    2013 Subaru WRX Premium
    1996 Honda Civic Lx
    WRX genuine Face Ripping ACCELERATION!!!

My Boston Beat Down Build Thread
    http://www.clubwrx.net/forums/builds...wrx-build.html

Awesome the sound itself does not bother me, I was just concerned about the transmission's health, thanks all! love my new shift setup and my new Subaru, I was reading an argument on another forum and I feel much better about it, on to the next mod

St. Louis Metro East, on the Illinois side, but not the really bad Illinois side, but also not the really good side.
    This is normal with the bushing replacement.

Installed the Kart boy short throw with front/rear bushings and had the same result normal.

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.