Subaru WRX Forum banner

How much power can it hold.

2K views 7 replies 4 participants last post by  BlacktimusCrime 
#1 ·
Looking at buying a built impreza with an ej25 swap. The transmission is recently rebuilt with 4700 miles on it. Has new ppg 1-4 gears and seals, new output shaft bearings. My question is how will this wrx trans and diff hold with 400awhp. I know this is extremely vague in that lunching, and driving play factors into this. But any input is greatly appreciated.

#4 ·
PPG gears (if assembled properly) should be able to hold somewhere between 350wtq and 550wtq. The r160 rear differential can hold somewhere between 220wtq and 450wtq (depending on how you drive the car). Stock axles should be able to hold between 250wtq and 550wtq. The front pinion gear in the 5mt transmission should be able to hold somewhere between 350wtq and 550wtq.

If you drive it like a grandma, then the stock WRX 5mt should hold 600wqt.. if you drive it Fast and Furious, it will handle about 120wtq.

FYI, I just made all those numbers up.. but in general, they should be pretty close.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.