Subaru WRX Forum banner

Front end feels like it's "slipping"

10K views 9 replies 3 participants last post by  JTmofo 
#1 ·
I recently started to notice something weird happening with my 2006 WRX. When I'm low speed turning in a parking lot for example, the front ends feels like it "slips" for a second. The best way I can describe it is when you are turning slow and you hit a patch of ice in the winter and for a second it feels like your input from the steering wheel isn't moving the tires. Does anyone have an idea what this might be?

#9 ·
The problem is getting worse. The whole feel of the steering is bad now. Very loose feeling and when turning slow I get a slight vibration in the steering wheel. Also this morning there was a grinding/knocking sound coming from the engine bay. I couldn't pin point it but it wasn't the engine. I'm thinking the power steering pump is failing or needs the fluid changed? Can the power steering failing cause a loose feel? The worst is on uneven surfaces.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.