Stuck in neutral!

This is a discussion on Stuck in neutral! within the Transmission & AWD forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; Was going thru a neighbor hood shifted from 2nd to 3rd, it halfway popped up in 3rd and went to ...

Stuck in neutral!

Was going thru a neighbor hood shifted from 2nd to 3rd, it halfway popped up in 3rd and went to neutral, stayed there. Now the engine is out of the car and it still won't shift. The shifter is locked in neutral... And all 4 days before a race. Any idea what's going on?

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I Support ClubWRX
    Did you check your shifter forks? It sounds like you will have to crack open the transmission to figure this one out. This happened to me when my transmission in my old z28 decided to eat itself from the inside out.
    2011 WRB WRX Sedan - Q300, Invidia Catted Downpipe, Cobb RAM Intake w/Box, Protuned buy TiC
    Stink-Eye Mob #696
    Build Thread
    Facebook
    @billym14

Fork is fine. Someone on here had the same issue, going from 2nd to 3rd as well, didn't have an issue with the tranny apparently. Just never mentioned on there what it is. I'm hoping its as stupid as the safety switch...

I Support ClubWRX I Support ClubWRX
    Sure it's not the clutch? One time I welded the clutch together in my car and it was effectively stuck in neutral. The only way I was able to get it home was to put the car in 1st while it was off and start the car in gear.

Nope. It won't go into any gear. The engine is out and it won't go into gear. If it was clutch at all removing the engine would allow it to move. Plus I bought a new clutch already and it's not it. -_-

I Support ClubWRX I Support ClubWRX
    That sucks.. might be time to crack it open then.