15 wrx, 2nd gear sucks
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

This is a discussion on 15 wrx, 2nd gear sucks within the Transmission & AWD forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; Anyone else feel the shift to 2nd is sloppy and harder to hit than other gears?...

15 wrx, 2nd gear sucks

Anyone else feel the shift to 2nd is sloppy and harder to hit than other gears?
    Perrin shifter bushing, nameless muffler delete, Cobb stg. 1

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I've been having the same problem with mine, it seems like second is the only gear that shifts rough or seems a bit jerky at times.

I know what you guys are saying.... its a little difficult getting it into the gear. It could be because 1st and 2nd gear synchros are made from carbon to withstand more punishment and abuse.
    15' WRX Limited - Stock

Hammerdown Mod of Thunder josnroh's Avatar
    I Support ClubWRX
    It does get better.After about a month of driving,I got a lot smoother with that 1st-2nd shift.
    Joe/Flyin' Under The Radar
    The Legendary Hammerdown Wagon(sold)
    Bugeye Mafia #337
    2015 Buckeye Boxer WRX Lightning Red[

2nd is tough it really does take a lot of practice. I only get a clean shift every once in a while

Yea Ive got almost 2,000 miles now and I feel like the notchiness of the shifter has gotten a lot better. Clutch engagement is still slightly tricky for a perfect shift everytime, but Im sure Ill get used to it.
    15' WRX Limited - Stock

Do any of you guys have the sts? I have not had any issues with second, and as josnroh stated, it does get better with age/use.
    Drive like hell, you will get there faster!

Warranty friendly mods for now-
    http://www.clubwrx.net/forums/builds...ml#post3579257

Quote Originally Posted by Goose42 View Post
    Do any of you guys have the sts? I have not had any issues with second, and as josnroh stated, it does get better with age/use.
    Yea I had the optional Sti shifter installed. Its hard to tell how much better/worse it is than stock bc I never drove it with the stock shifter.
    15' WRX Limited - Stock

Ya mine came with

I have 3k miles now. ..shift is better but not easy to hit ...especially racing haha

I have 3700 miles on mine with the factory shlrt throw kit, i installed the perrin brass shifter bushing and it made the rubbery sloppy throw into each gear much more precise and reassuring that your in gear. Before it was like it kinda fell into a hole now it feels like a more precise notch and click into gear. Spend the 25$ and 20 min to install it. It really cleans up the rubbery feeling. My buddy has the same 2015 cwp wrx as i do but with the standard shifter and no bushing, its like two different cars going from one to the other. Also try letting the clutch out quickly while shifting to second and just ease on the gas at the exact same time, your shifts will become seamless with no jerking or over reving.

Ohh, my car is also tuned, stage 1 v108 93 octane cobb. The throttle response is night and day as well. Much easier to drive smoothly now. Left that out of my last post.

Quote Originally Posted by Lockup1109 View Post
    Ohh, my car is also tuned, stage 1 v108 93 octane cobb. The throttle response is night and day as well. Much easier to drive smoothly now. Left that out of my last post.
    Yea the stock mapping is definitely choppy and has some surging spots throughout the power band. Id love to get an AP, had one in my Evo and learned a lot about tuning from using AP tuner. But I purchased an extra 80k mile bumper to bumper warranty through the dealer and I really dont want to risk wasting the money on it due to my reflash count being off. I dont know how my dealership is with mods and reflashing, and I dont wanna test it.
    15' WRX Limited - Stock

You can cancell the extended warranty. The car really comes alive with the tune. On the factory tune it was running lean, knocking and my dam was at .67. Once flashed to stg1 dam went to 1, knock dissapeared, AFR is perfect and gained 33WHP and 29wtq over my factory tune. Power is up through the whole rev band and you can really feel the difference. Waiting on my mishi intake and nameless downpipe, then off to the tuner for a stage 2+ protune

Whatd they bang you for on the warranty, 2500ish?

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast