2008 WRX Clutch? Shaking acceleration

This is a discussion on 2008 WRX Clutch? Shaking acceleration within the Transmission & AWD forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; Hi, I have a 2008 WRX with 100,000 kms on it. Lately I've been having an issue whereby, especially in ...

2008 WRX Clutch? Shaking acceleration

Hi,

I have a 2008 WRX with 100,000 kms on it. Lately I've been having an issue whereby, especially in 2nd gear under an attempt to accelerate quickly (with clutch completely engaged), the car seems to have somewhat "jerky" acceleration through the rpms. Car almost feels a bit shaky.

As this has gotten worse, it also feels like getting off the line in 1st at lower speeds is also a bit shaky.

I've tried the age-old highway test to see if the clutch is slipping, and it's not.

Is this still the clutch, or something (likely) much worse?

Thanks!

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Is the highway test the 5th gear+floor the throttle to see if the engine speed rises while ground speed stays constant?

Why do you suspect this is a driveline issue?

Do you have a way to datalog? (a vag-com cable and romraider work well for me).
    David - '05 WRX

Quote Originally Posted by Obeisance View Post
    Is the highway test the 5th gear+floor the throttle to see if the engine speed rises while ground speed stays constant?
    Yes, exactly.

Why do you suspect this is a driveline issue?
    I suppose because it feels like a mechanical issue. I suppose it could be fuel related, but it's so prominent in 2nd gear only that it makes me wonder. I'll say however that I'm clearly not a mechanic.

Do you have a way to datalog? (a vag-com cable and romraider work well for me).
    Not right now, but I might be able to get my hands on one. My mechanic actually deals a lot on Subarus (and owned an '09 WRX), and so I thought I'd at least see if anyone else has experienced this exact problem before going to him.

Thanks so much for your response.

Could be flywheel engagement.
    2013 WRX Dark Grey Hatch
    1974 Datsun 260z Stroker

Hendersonville, North Carolina, United States
    Could just be the tune. U all stock? I have 08 wrx and on the stock tune it jerky like that, and if I remember 2nd was the worst.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk