Reverse polarity on traction control button

This is a discussion on Reverse polarity on traction control button within the Transmission & AWD forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; On my 14 limited wrx, I want to bypass the traction control all together, or make it so it's off ...

Reverse polarity on traction control button

On my 14 limited wrx, I want to bypass the traction control all together, or make it so it's off every time I start the vehicle until I decide I want it.

As all of you know, the traction control is on as soon as you turn the car on. Even if you disable it, if you turn the car off, it's on again the next time the car is started.

So does anyone know how to reverse it or bypass it altogether?
    14 sedan Limited: AEM intake, Tomioka IC hose, Cobb AP V3, Invidia down pipe with 3" cat, custom 3" mandrel bent single exhaust, Aem air fuel gauge,Cobb knob,Perrin Pitch Stop mount, SPT front strut tower brace, K-Sport coilovers@1.5" drop.

07 Duramax LBZ- 26psi,intake, TBE, Diablosport programmer, Edge Insight with EGT, EGR block off, BD exhaust manifold, PPE fuel valve.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I Support ClubWRX
    I'd just press the button to turn it off. I'd like the sport# to be on every time I start my car too, but I just got into the habit of turning the knob to it when I start the car, and now I don't even realize I have done it (sometimes I remember "oh no I have to put it in sport#" and I look down and it is already in it). Pushing the button isn't that hard. Don't be lazy

If anybody has any useful advice, I'd like to hear it.

I would like for it to be off automatically upon start up.
    14 sedan Limited: AEM intake, Tomioka IC hose, Cobb AP V3, Invidia down pipe with 3" cat, custom 3" mandrel bent single exhaust, Aem air fuel gauge,Cobb knob,Perrin Pitch Stop mount, SPT front strut tower brace, K-Sport coilovers@1.5" drop.

07 Duramax LBZ- 26psi,intake, TBE, Diablosport programmer, Edge Insight with EGT, EGR block off, BD exhaust manifold, PPE fuel valve.

Found someone who knows how to do it.

Traction Control Bypass | Overland Designs

I Support ClubWRX
    you will start off with the butting disabled instead of enabled.

zax
    I Support ClubWRX I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by 100plus2Vegas View Post
    If anybody has any useful advice, I'd like to hear it.
    Careful with your tone. You're a newbie around here and indirectly insulting a senior member.
    2015 CWP WRX STi ... But how did I get roped back into an EJ motor?!
    Zax's utterly unimaginably stock 2015 STi build thread
    Zax's Shaggin' Wagon Build Thread Now tuned for 99% pure Unicorn Jizz!

Zach | Moderator -- Mid-Atlantic States, Tech & Modifying & General Repairs
    Rollin' with the Bugeye Mafia #302 | N.E.R.D. Subject Zero
    Facebook me here

Your Mid-A local board: http://www.clubwrx.net/forums/mid-atlantic-states/

I'd just put a relay on the e-brake... that way whenever you put the e-brake down, it trips the relay and registers as a press on the traction control button.

You only want it to be a momentary press though, because if you hold it down, it turns off the TC light, and permanently enables TC until you restart the car.

Quote Originally Posted by zax View Post
    Careful with your tone. You're a newbie around here and indirectly insulting a senior member.
    Zax, did you read the post I wrote? I asked for information on how to do something, because I did a search and found nothing. I asked for information, because admittedly, I did not know how to do the modification in question.

Did you read 11blackSTI's response? Instead of admitting he did not know how to do the modification, or just not replying, he instead encouraged me to push the button and not be lazy. Is that informative?

Thank you for your reply.

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by 100plus2Vegas View Post
    Zax, did you read the post I wrote? I asked for information on how to do something, because I did a search and found nothing. I asked for information, because admittedly, I did not know how to do the modification in question.

Did you read 11blackSTI's response? Instead of admitting he did not know how to do the modification, or just not replying, he instead encouraged me to push the button and not be lazy. Is that informative?

Thank you for your reply.
    I meant no harm, but once in a while we pull each other's chains on here. You got a free bump by it, and actually solved your own dilemma. I'd say it worked out well.

zax
    I Support ClubWRX I Support ClubWRX
    Enjoy the forum.
    2015 CWP WRX STi ... But how did I get roped back into an EJ motor?!
    Zax's utterly unimaginably stock 2015 STi build thread
    Zax's Shaggin' Wagon Build Thread Now tuned for 99% pure Unicorn Jizz!

Zach | Moderator -- Mid-Atlantic States, Tech & Modifying & General Repairs
    Rollin' with the Bugeye Mafia #302 | N.E.R.D. Subject Zero
    Facebook me here

Your Mid-A local board: http://www.clubwrx.net/forums/mid-atlantic-states/