2015 WRX crunching and grinding sound from underbody
+ Reply to Thread

This is a discussion on 2015 WRX crunching and grinding sound from underbody within the Transmission & AWD forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; Hi guys, I'm from Sydney Australia. I recently picked up my 2015 WRX premium in CVT auto. I've put about ...

2015 WRX crunching and grinding sound from underbody

Hi guys,

I'm from Sydney Australia. I recently picked up my 2015 WRX premium in CVT auto. I've put about 400km/ 300 miles on the car. I haven't had much luck with forums in Australia so I'm wondering if you guys can help me out.
    Whenever I turn left into a driveway, there's a clanging/screeching/grinding sound that come's from somewhere underneath the car. I'm not sure if it's the rear diff or the transmission. I've read that previous generations have had some diff grinding noises at high mileages but surely my car is too new to be having diff problems.

Has anyone else had this issue?

Cheers in advance.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Can u make a video with the sound?

Hmmm. As said above, a video would def help us diagnose the problem better. But, with the car being brand new, why not just take it to the dealer under warranty????
    2011 WRB WRX hatchback---Stage 2
    Stink-Eye Mob #301
    http://www.clubwrx.net/forums/builds...ld-thread.html <----Build Thread

Quote Originally Posted by et8oi89 View Post
    Hi guys,

I'm from Sydney Australia. I recently picked up my 2015 WRX premium in CVT auto. I've put about 400km/ 300 miles on the car. I haven't had much luck with forums in Australia so I'm wondering if you guys can help me out.
    Whenever I turn left into a driveway, there's a clanging/screeching/grinding sound that come's from somewhere underneath the car. I'm not sure if it's the rear diff or the transmission. I've read that previous generations have had some diff grinding noises at high mileages but surely my car is too new to be having diff problems.

Has anyone else had this issue?

Cheers in advance.
    Stumbled on this post as I was looking if anyone had the same issue! I'm from the Philippines and have a 3 week old 2015 WRX CVT as well with 400Kms on it. Have the same problem as well.

I hear this excruciating grinding sound coming from underneath the car when going up our parking building's spiral ramp, while the wheel is turned. At first I thought it was due to the car shifting but I put it on manual mode, 1st gear and it still happens.

I plan to bring it to the dealer for them to have a look. Do you have an update from when you posted this? I see it's been a month.

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.