lots and lots of shake/chatter pulling away from stop. not launching, just driving.

This is a discussion on lots and lots of shake/chatter pulling away from stop. not launching, just driving. within the Transmission & AWD forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; Alrighty then. My 02 has the shakes. Has ever since I picked it up almost two years ago now and ...

lots and lots of shake/chatter pulling away from stop. not launching, just driving.

Alrighty then. My 02 has the shakes. Has ever since I picked it up almost two years ago now and 20,000 miles . The clutch has always chattered a bit and I understand that's a hard to solve problem sometimes. I have been replacing bushings all around the drive line and chassis (except for the motormount and trannz mount) it helped to bring the chatter down to something I could drive around and not worry about. But like all problems it is slowly getting worse. I can't leave from a stop sign without feathering the clutch and idling away without it shaking like the engine is going to rattle off its mounts. As that is happening the studder can be heaed/felt move right down the the car ending with the rear of the car studdering to. Its loud enough to catch the attention of people in drive thrus and beside me at lights. So no launching for me at all when leaving the garage is kinda rough. Any scca events I had planned this year are on hold as far as competition until this is fixed. Now then.
    Clutch only has 50,000 ish miles on it. It was replaced by the previous owner with the heavier flywheel and Subaru clutch/throw out bearing at a dealer in Reno. It shifts/feels/ works great. Except at stoplights.
    Bushings replaced. Tic klunk killer, tranz x mount. Torque solutions pitchie. Quite a few more but they are all suspension.

Today I'm going to use my little cheap go pro camara mounted somewhere under car to view the shake from the garage exit, mainly because I don't have a good enough mount to go driving with it and I can duplicate without fail the shake. lol. I'll post a video as soon as I figure out how. Any help is always with my thanks!
    when my friends come up, i hear, "you sold the camarrrroooh.....HOLY BLEEP A WRX!"
    Ya has that effect on me too.
    Rob

Where did he go?? http://www.clubwrx.net/forums/builds...ll-thread.html

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Oh forgot. Idling clutch out in first if you blip the throttle you can feel slop, it will jerk forwards then back like a old Chevy cavilier with busted motor mounts. However...my factory mounts are intact...and tight.
    when my friends come up, i hear, "you sold the camarrrroooh.....HOLY BLEEP A WRX!"
    Ya has that effect on me too.
    Rob

Where did he go?? http://www.clubwrx.net/forums/builds...ll-thread.html