Issues After Shifter Bushing Install
+ Reply to Thread

This is a discussion on Issues After Shifter Bushing Install within the Transmission & AWD forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; Here's the deal, i installed cobb front/rear shifter bushings, and short throw shifter back in January on my 06 wrx. ...

Issues After Shifter Bushing Install

Here's the deal, i installed cobb front/rear shifter bushings, and short throw shifter back in January on my 06 wrx. After a few times going through the gears, the snap ring on the bottom of the plastic bushing that the ball of the shifter sits in popped off, thus my shifter popping out into my hand. I got back under the car put the snap ring back on, and had no issues for a few days. A few days later the shifter popped out again while driving. Every time i put a new snap ring on after a few times through the gears my shifter pops out. Today i replaced the plastic bushing with a new one from Subaru. Same story, i went through the gears a few times and my shifter pops out and the snap ring is gone. Has anyone run into this problem? Its starting to drive me crazy!

Thanks- James

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I think your shifter's ball may have been machined a wee bit small... that is part of what retains the delrin socket under it. If it isn't 'smashed open' it won't stay put. Maybe compare the stock shifter's ball to the Cobb and see if the Cobb isn't a hair smaller.
    Last edited by Impreza2.0; 04-05-2014 at 07:11 PM.

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.