2013 wrx stage 2 Cobb kit clutch issues

This is a discussion on 2013 wrx stage 2 Cobb kit clutch issues within the Transmission & AWD forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; Hello everyone, I recently purchased a 2013 wrx with a full stage 2 Cobb kit. It pushes up to 23 ...

2013 wrx stage 2 Cobb kit clutch issues

Hello everyone, I recently purchased a 2013 wrx with a full stage 2 Cobb kit. It pushes up to 23 psi of boost and I'm pretty sure the guy was running an OEM clutch. Owned the car for 500 miles and the clutch is done. What is the reccomendation anyone here has for a replacement clutch and flywheel? I don't want to go back OEM because I've read a lot of remarks saying the stage 2 Cobb will burn up a clutch in as little as 12k miles.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

A stock car will burn up a clutch in 12k miles too. It's not the car it's the driver mod that might have been installed wrong.

Go with stock clutch for stage 2. But I think your running way to much boost got stage 2. I think people normally get tuned for 19-20

I'm tuned for 20psi in 3rd gear on a stage 2+, 18psi in 2nd...23 seems a bit high unless you're running a bigger intercooler and more mods than a typical stage 2 (dp/tune).

To answer your question though, I've heard a lot of good things about the ACT Heavy Duty Performance Street clutch paired with the ACT StreetLite Flywheel. It's good for up to 420ft/lbs of Torque, and supposed almost "stock" feeling. This is what I will be replacing my stock one with eventually.