How: Replacing clutch, transmition mound, and pitch stop mount
+ Reply to Thread

This is a discussion on How: Replacing clutch, transmition mound, and pitch stop mount within the Transmission & AWD forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; My Exedy Stage 1 Clutch, Kartboy Pitch stop, and Group N Transmition mount just arrived. Im probably going to let ...

How: Replacing clutch, transmition mound, and pitch stop mount

My Exedy Stage 1 Clutch, Kartboy Pitch stop, and Group N Transmition mount just arrived. Im probably going to let a proffessional take care of the Clutch for about 450, but he said he could also put in the Pitch stop and T-mount for 50 extra. Should i Just give him 500$, or is that over priced for all of them and i should easy just do it myself. Thanks

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I Support ClubWRX
    No disrespect, but $50 more is a rip. The pitch stop is off anyway, and the transmission mount would be an additional four bolts to swap out...
    2005 WRX STi (Mods | Virtual Dyno)

Resident Tuner @ WTF Tuning

"Never trust anything that bleeds for a week and lives ..."

UNYSOC

Dang, I really though i found a good mechanic. Is the Clutch ammount overpriced too, cause i dont want to get ripped off for everything

Quote Originally Posted by Dgatman View Post
    Dang, I really though i found a good mechanic. Is the Clutch ammount overpriced too, cause i dont want to get ripped off for everything
    Thats not a bad price, dealer wants $800 in labor just to replace a few parts near the clutch, not even the clutch itself.
    I'll be doing a full clutch replacement plus their parts this weekend, it looks pretty involved though, I almost paid to have it done even though I'm sure I can do it myself.

I am about 80% done with the job now, in retrospect I would gladly pay someone $500 to do it, it is not an enjoyable job.

Replacing a clutch is so enjoyable Haggerty. The machanics price isn't bad for the clutch but you should talk to him about the pitch stop and mount since it's like 2 extra minutes.

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.