How: Replacing clutch, transmition mound, and pitch stop mount

This is a discussion on How: Replacing clutch, transmition mound, and pitch stop mount within the Transmission & AWD forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; My Exedy Stage 1 Clutch, Kartboy Pitch stop, and Group N Transmition mount just arrived. Im probably going to let ...

How: Replacing clutch, transmition mound, and pitch stop mount

My Exedy Stage 1 Clutch, Kartboy Pitch stop, and Group N Transmition mount just arrived. Im probably going to let a proffessional take care of the Clutch for about 450, but he said he could also put in the Pitch stop and T-mount for 50 extra. Should i Just give him 500$, or is that over priced for all of them and i should easy just do it myself. Thanks

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I Support ClubWRX
    No disrespect, but $50 more is a rip. The pitch stop is off anyway, and the transmission mount would be an additional four bolts to swap out...
    2005 WRX STi (Mods | Virtual Dyno)

Resident Tuner @ WTF Tuning, LLC

"Never trust anything that bleeds for a week and lives ..."

UNYSOC

Dang, I really though i found a good mechanic. Is the Clutch ammount overpriced too, cause i dont want to get ripped off for everything

Quote Originally Posted by Dgatman View Post
    Dang, I really though i found a good mechanic. Is the Clutch ammount overpriced too, cause i dont want to get ripped off for everything
    Thats not a bad price, dealer wants $800 in labor just to replace a few parts near the clutch, not even the clutch itself.
    I'll be doing a full clutch replacement plus their parts this weekend, it looks pretty involved though, I almost paid to have it done even though I'm sure I can do it myself.

I am about 80% done with the job now, in retrospect I would gladly pay someone $500 to do it, it is not an enjoyable job.

Replacing a clutch is so enjoyable Haggerty. The machanics price isn't bad for the clutch but you should talk to him about the pitch stop and mount since it's like 2 extra minutes.