Time to replace my clutch, need general advise.

This is a discussion on Time to replace my clutch, need general advise. within the Transmission & AWD forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; So I dont ride my clutch, and I don't drive like crazy. I had to replace my stock clutch and ...

Time to replace my clutch, need general advise.

So I dont ride my clutch, and I don't drive like crazy. I had to replace my stock clutch and flywheel at 60k which was odd, but I figured that since I learned how to drive MT in this car, that I just wore it out early. I replaced it (actually subaru did it) with an exedy st 1 and ACT street light flywheel. The combination was really disappointing for me, I hardly noticed a difference in rev with the flywheel and the clutch never felt like it engaged well, it didn't have the same grab as the stock clutch. It chattered like hell when engaging and was loud on deceleration. Now at 115k its gone bad. Need a new clutch. Im going back to stock. I wonder if when I get in there and find that the old flywheel looks good if I can just leave it in there? Im ordering both components just in case, I cant have the car down for more than a weekend. This is my first go at replacing a clutch myself, wondering if anyone has any tips? Also are there any small components that I should upgrade while i'm in there? Like maybe tranny mounts or shift components? Stuff to make driving more responsive/fun? Im giving myself the entire weekend to do it, hopefully two days will be enough time. Im going on DIYs from around the web (tranny removal method, not engine pull method) and looking for any advise. College kid trying to save money on labor. Actually I have extensive experience with maintaining helicopters, but ive just never done a WRX tranny. Thanks for all the help.
    06 TR, COBB AP2,,COBB DP, K&N sr, G200 CB
    Subaru factory short throw, Auto dimm Rear view, Factory fog lamp kit (self installed)
    AM cobalt gauges: WB fuel, oil press (elec), boost (mech,30hg-20+)

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

DIY

This is probly the DIY ill go by.

http://www.scoobymods.com/showthread...rx-12071.html?
    Subaru factory short throw, Auto dimm Rear view, Factory fog lamp kit (self installed)

I Support ClubWRX
    Havent done it myself but I hear the trans mount is worth changing out for a stiffer one

STI Transmission Mount Subaru 5MT Models (inc. 2002-2014 WRX) D1010FE020 at RallySportDirect.com
    -Clayton, Your official CLUBWRX Subaru Dealer!
    CLUBWRX New car buying program SAVE HUGE on new Subarus:
    http://www.clubwrx.net/forums/tri-st...ubwrx-net.html
    Ask a Subaru Dealer thread:
    http://www.clubwrx.net/forums/car-pu...ru-dealer.html
    FREE 3rd party vehicle inspections:
    http://www.clubwrx.net/forums/tri-st...spections.html

might be worth going to a subaru specific shop. how much power is the car putting down?

Cobb st 2, damn near stock.

Can anyone proved a link to where I can purchase a new set of half shaft o-ring seals incase I screw mine up while reinstalling the front half axles?

You should just be able to get some new ones at a local auto parts store.