Car behaves like clutch is slipping, one wheel doesnt spin in the air - Page 2
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

This is a discussion on Car behaves like clutch is slipping, one wheel doesnt spin in the air within the Transmission & AWD forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; Originally Posted by McBill Was everything else outside of the clutch covered? Because it should be, at least under my ...

Quote Originally Posted by McBill View Post
    Was everything else outside of the clutch covered? Because it should be, at least under my understanding of warranties.
    They consider it a clutch related item, so as I suspected, they will not cover it. I've never had a warranty cover anything in my life, I only bought this warranty because I was driving the car from San Antonio to Canada when I bought it and intended to cancel it before the 30 days was up to cancel for free. I ended up keeping it in hopes it would cover something one day.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by Haggerty View Post
    They consider it a clutch related item, so as I suspected, they will not cover it. I've never had a warranty cover anything in my life, I only bought this warranty because I was driving the car from San Antonio to Canada when I bought it and intended to cancel it before the 30 days was up to cancel for free. I ended up keeping it in hopes it would cover something one day.
    This is why I do not like extended warranties, I feel the third party companies are more picky about what sort of claims they will accept.
    2011 WRB WRX Sedan - Q300, Invidia Catted Downpipe, Cobb RAM Intake w/Box, Tuned buy Turn in Concepts
    Stink-Eye Mob #696
    Build Thread
    Facebook
    @billym14

I am a warranty administrator and do not consider a release fork or the pivot a non-covered part within our policies. The clutch (i.e. pressure plate and disc ) and the throwout bearing are in our exclusion section.

FYI - They're replacing your clutch release lever, not the shift fork which are totally different parts.

May i ask who your warranty company is?

#8 & 9 is the release for and pivot

#1 - 3- 4 is the shift forks

Last edited by beardog420; 02-27-2014 at 03:28 PM.

This is why I do not like extended warranties, I feel the third party companies are more picky about what sort of claims they will accept.

That doesn't apply to all 3rd party warranties as we pay out over 2 million dollars in claims, per month...

Quote Originally Posted by beardog420 View Post
    May i ask who your warranty company is?
    My bank uses National Auto Care for their extended warranties.

I've decided to take the car from the dealer and do the repairs myself. I will also be ordering a full clutch kit and probably the Group N tranny mount and whatever else I can think of upgrading while in there.

What about the extended warranites that Subaru sells? Its already been ten months since I purchased my vehicle and yesterday I received a letter offering extended warranty.

The dealer was correct, the clutch fork (#8) was penetrated by the pivot ball (#11). Unfortunately I broke the retaining clip (#9) about 30 minutes after the parts department closed. And they aren't open on the weekends

I am curious what #10 is though, I dont have anything resembling that.

edit: nevermind, its just the rubber cover that you remove to look inside the tranny.
    Last edited by Haggerty; 03-25-2014 at 10:57 AM.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.