05 wrx sti power oversteer.

This is a discussion on 05 wrx sti power oversteer. within the Transmission & AWD forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; Hi guys. I am a new member and I joined to ask some questions about my sti. As far as ...

05 wrx sti power oversteer.

Hi guys. I am a new member and I joined to ask some questions about my sti.

As far as I know sti's, especially blobeyes tend to be understeery on applying the power through the turn. mine is oversteery on power... quite a lot. Is it supposed to be like that?

My sti has some aftermarket springs that the previous owner fitted( I dont know the brand but they are blue in colour), and I usually drive it with the DCCD in auto. From the way it drives I would assume that either the rear tyres are gone, my diff has a problem or my suspension has a problem. My tyres are most probably OK since they are michellin sp3 and they are in good condition. If my diff was not locking I would assume that I would get the interior wheel spinning and get more understeer. it appears like my diff is locking aggressively.

Oh and if anyone asks my car is not ridiculously powerfull. It only has a catback exhaust and a panel air filter.

Please tell me what you guys think.

Furthermore if this is normal still let me know.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Oh and I have no weird blinking lights and I only get the normal knlicking noises ftom the rear diff on low speed and stert stop driving. and my tyres are ps3 not sp3 (they are not windows LOL)

I'd guess it's something to do with your suspension. Is the rear swaybar stock? If it was substantially stiffer than stock (and the front one was stock) I could definitely see that adding a lot of oversteer in the corners.

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by Monk_Knight View Post
    I'd guess it's something to do with your suspension. Is the rear swaybar stock? If it was substantially stiffer than stock (and the front one was stock) I could definitely see that adding a lot of oversteer in the corners.
    yeap. the rear sway bar is stock. if you say something is wrong with the suspension could you be a bit more specific.

BTW thanks for the reply