traction control light blink
+ Reply to Thread

This is a discussion on traction control light blink within the Transmission & AWD forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; hey guys dumb question i just want to know if i hurt my car. today i was in a parking ...

traction control light blink

hey guys dumb question
    i just want to know if i hurt my car. today i was in a parking lot that was covered with about 2 -3 inches of snow so i decided to just whip her around. i was doing about 10 to 20 mph and just turning her all the way to the right and then to the left. I know that i was slipping a little in the snow but nothing crazy. i noticed that on occasion that the traction control like just blink rapidly for about a second or two. did i **** up the car or is that normal and i'm just being a bitch about it.
    the car in question is a 2013 wrx premium with winter tires on
    thank you.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I Support ClubWRX
    Did you notice a loss of power at all when the lights would blink? That is just the traction control working because the car sensed that you were losing traction.

East Taut'in, Massachusetts, United States
    Should have turned your traction control off before doing that. More fun.

Sent from my iBone
    Kartboy STS, related shifter/linkage bushings, Whiteline subframe bushing inserts, Whiteline rear differential bushing inserts, Whiteline steering rack bushings, Grimmspeed MCB, Group N tranny mount, TiC tranny cross member bushings, gimmick turbro inlet pipe, Ingen intake, PW-clone TMIC, Turbrosmart BPV, Megan catless DP, Tsudo N1 exhaust... X-wing dangly and dashboard Buddy Christ (for lulz)

black sti
    not all the lights blinked just the traction control light blinked. I wasn't in power my rpm was ranging from 2k to 3k in first gear so i don't know if i had a loss in power.
    shamankjm
    i'm guessing by your response that i didn't do anything wrong with the car and i will definitely turn off the traction control off next time.

thank you

I Support ClubWRX
    It's just the traction control doing its thing.
    Isaac -- 2003 WRX sedan Stg II - Gave its life for mine 6/2013.
    2007 Outback 3.0R wagon
    Proud owner of a N.E.R.D, Member 1.3810-23

The pursuit of knowledge is hopeless and eternal... Hooray!!! - Professor Farnsworth

St. Louis Metro East, on the Illinois side, but not the really bad Illinois side, but also not the really good side.
    I'd take it into the dealer to get checked out. Probably blew the flux valve for sure.

Quote Originally Posted by ProZach626 View Post
    I'd take it into the dealer to get checked out. Probably blew the flux valve for sure.
    are you sure it's not the flux capacitor?

Quote Originally Posted by Rambo View Post
    This, your car is just fine. Turn the T/C off next time it will be better!

The center muffler bearing was about to esplode!

Really, the traction control (TC) comes on when TC activates. It throws breaking at the "loose" wheel and if that's not enough it cuts engine power. While active the light comes on. If you turn TC off the light stays on as long as TC is off, or until car was shut down and started again. With TC off you have way more fun, just be aware of space needed.
    You can't have everything - where would you put it?

That was your diffs crying for help.
    --Anthony 2011 DGM WRX stg2+sf intake WTFtuned \_(ツ)_/

Official Subie owner as of 01/10/11
    Stink Eye Mob #87

Bye bye Bimmer
    Hellooo '11 REX

East Taut'in, Massachusetts, United States
    Quote Originally Posted by jling0311 View Post
    black sti
    not all the lights blinked just the traction control light blinked. I wasn't in power my rpm was ranging from 2k to 3k in first gear so i don't know if i had a loss in power.
    shamankjm
    i'm guessing by your response that i didn't do anything wrong with the car and i will definitely turn off the traction control off next time.

thank you
    Quote Originally Posted by Rambo View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by cmayba View Post
    This, your car is just fine. Turn the T/C off next time it will be better!
    yup... these^^^
    Kartboy STS, related shifter/linkage bushings, Whiteline subframe bushing inserts, Whiteline rear differential bushing inserts, Whiteline steering rack bushings, Grimmspeed MCB, Group N tranny mount, TiC tranny cross member bushings, gimmick turbro inlet pipe, Ingen intake, PW-clone TMIC, Turbrosmart BPV, Megan catless DP, Tsudo N1 exhaust... X-wing dangly and dashboard Buddy Christ (for lulz)

Holy ****, you're car is sooooooo screwed up!!! Take it do the dealer right away.
    The Hawk-Eye Alliance #90|The Blobeye Syndicate #0|The Stink-Eye Mob #0|N.E.R.D. Founding Member & #3
    2012 Lightning Red WRX Sedan
    ProcessWest TMIC Cobb SF Intake w/airbox Invidia Catless Downpipe Invidia Q300 Catback Kartboy Short Shifter
    OpenSource tuned by: Matty @ WTF Tuning

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.