exedy stage 1 clutch kit reviews anyone?
+ Reply to Thread

This is a discussion on exedy stage 1 clutch kit reviews anyone? within the Transmission & AWD forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; I'm in the market for a new clutch kit as mine has started slipping recently. I plan on throwing a ...

exedy stage 1 clutch kit reviews anyone?

I'm in the market for a new clutch kit as mine has started slipping recently. I plan on throwing a downpipe in along with a bigger turbo down the road and maybe a few other things.
    I'm looking for the something that can handle the power and have a good life for the best price...obviously cheaper is better on my pockets but I still want quality. I'm leaning towards the exedy stage 1 and possible lightweight flywheel kit but I want it to last more then a year also.
    I'm open to any suggestions.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I Support ClubWRX
    Clutch ratings are based on torque. If you're planning on a turbo upgrade, factor in the power output you'll be looking at and choose accordingly.
    2005 WRX STi (Mods | Virtual Dyno)

Resident Tuner @ WTF Tuning

"Never trust anything that bleeds for a week and lives ..."

UNYSOC

I did a bit more research and found a lot of reviews from other wrx forums where people are generally happy with the exedy stage 1 and later around 5000 miles say it's shot and slipping. So I looked into competition clutch stage 2 and thought it'd be perfect. Then found some reviews for chattering issue never going away (which really isn't a big deal to me ) but also say that it bites too hard and annoying for daily driving. They also say that if you try to slip it in first for smoother engagement it overheats way too easily and then once under torque begins slipping.
    So I looked at their stage 3 setup...can't find any reviews on it past the first 1000 miles. No one updates their threads on it. I'm assuming it's ok but I do t want to have to go through clutches every couple months.
    Is it really that hard to have any consistency with any of these products?

Actionclutch.com

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.