Just bought 04 WRX 2.0 and I f*d up already - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

This is a discussion on Just bought 04 WRX 2.0 and I f*d up already within the Transmission & AWD forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; Locate ATF dip-stick. Check fluid level. Add fluid until proper level is indicated on dip-stick. OR Drain remaining fluid into ...

Locate ATF dip-stick. Check fluid level. Add fluid until proper level is indicated on dip-stick.

OR

Drain remaining fluid into clean container. Measure, and add appropriate amount of fluid to equal 10 qts.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

from FSM: "Fill the same amount drained from ATF drain
    plug hole." Pour what you drained into a bottle and match the same in another bottle.
    Last edited by Kamilitaryman; 12-13-2013 at 02:50 PM.

I can only find castrol dex/merc ATF at my local store is this good? Says dex III replacement

I had to remove the intercooler to easily access the ATF dipstick, that is where you will add the fluid. The manual recommends that you check the fluid while the engine is hot as the fluid expands when it warms up. Everyone here is correct with the 10 qt capacity of Dexron III ATF. I just bought some Mobile 1 at Advance Auto for $10/quart. I thought it was a little steep in price, but it was more convenient. If you don't think you drained 10 quarts, the only way I know to add the correct amount is to slowly add and continue to check the dip stick until it reaches the correct amount.

This is a step by step guide on how to remove the intercooler:

Intercooler removal / Throttle body hose install - Subaru Impreza WRX STI Forums: IWSTI.com

The total capacity is 10 qt. it didn't drain all of it. Autos never ever drain completely. Just fill thru the dip-stick tube, slowly with a funnel. When dip stick reads good, start, run in all gears for a little, while standing, check dip stick, and add as needed.
    You can't have everything - where would you put it?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12