05 STI Rack in 02 WRX?

This is a discussion on 05 STI Rack in 02 WRX? within the Transmission & AWD forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; I have a 05 STI rack that i have been wanting to put in for some time now. I have ...

05 STI Rack in 02 WRX?

I have a 05 STI rack that i have been wanting to put in for some time now. I have a pretty bad power steering leak that has been there since i bought the car so in the process of getting new lines i spent some time on the phone with the subaru dealership and they said that the 05 rack i have should bolt up but it requires different lines. the guy that was helping me didn't seem too sure the info he was giving me was 100% accurate, that's why I'm here again!!..

How To: Install a Steering Rack - NASIOC

^ I found this, didnt really help with my question tho

Will the 05 STI Rack and Pinion bold up to my 02 WRX with the correct lines?

Any help would be really awesome.. i have been kind of hitting dead ends every direction.

Thanks Guys!!

Kyler

In doing this swap (or worst case scenario, just getting the 02 WRX power steering lines and just switching them) what else would you guys suggest replacing wile i'm up in there with everything pulled out? Ware parts, bushings etc. Whiteline rack & pinion mount bushing is the only thing i have found on my own

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I Support ClubWRX
    Look into the steering parts in, and swaps from, the Saab 9-2X. The Saabarus used a quicker rack if memory serves, and I bet it was the "STi" parts plus whatever lines are necessary.
    WRX Info Links, Courtesy TheJ
    The world breaks everyone and afterward many are strong in the broken places. Ernest Hemingway
    I lied. I cheated. I bribed men to cover the crimes of other men. I am an accessory to murder. But the most damning thing of all... I think I can live with it. And if I had to do it all over again - I would. Benjamin Sisko
    DISCLAIMER: Opinions expressed are the author's alone and are inherently worthless.

I Support ClubWRX
    You know I wonder if the 04 STi rack is easier to fit, now that I think of it.
    WRX Info Links, Courtesy TheJ
    The world breaks everyone and afterward many are strong in the broken places. Ernest Hemingway
    I lied. I cheated. I bribed men to cover the crimes of other men. I am an accessory to murder. But the most damning thing of all... I think I can live with it. And if I had to do it all over again - I would. Benjamin Sisko
    DISCLAIMER: Opinions expressed are the author's alone and are inherently worthless.

http://forums.nasioc.com/forums/show....php?t=1926049

This helped a lot once I found it.. Now I need to find an STI solid linkage!