Subaru WRX Forum banner

STi Short Throw Question

2K views 9 replies 7 participants last post by  SD_GR 
#1 ·
So I was watching a review video of a 2013 WRX on youtube and the driver stated that the car had the STI short throw installed. My paperwork on my 2013 WRX states I have the shifter installed. I noticed however that the shift knob is different on the WRX in the video (has the STI logo) Mine does not. The throws feel pretty long but I figured that may be how WRX's are even with the STI short throw. I haven't driven any other WRX's except for mine. Is there anyway to tell if I actually have the short throw or is my paperwork incorrect?

#5 ·
SAVE TIME and the view of the shifter is at 6:30ish

Review: 2013 Subaru WRX - YouTube

Sorry I was at work earlier and they don't like us youtubing at work.
The paperwork states "Sti Short Throw Shift 5m/T 369.00"
Basically that's it besides gas which was "included"
I bought a base model with nothing extra besides the short throw. The video just got me thinking since I have never driven one without one

#7 ·
The "STI short shifter" only shortens throws by 10%ish anyway. It's not that much of a difference. Aftermarket such as Cobb or a Kartboy short shifter will make a lot more difference.

#10 ·
It's a legitimate question and should/could be posted anywhere in my view. If they are less receptive the fault is theirs, not yours, though to be fair they too might answer the same way.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.