STi Short Throw Question

This is a discussion on STi Short Throw Question within the Transmission & AWD forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; So I was watching a review video of a 2013 WRX on youtube and the driver stated that the car ...

STi Short Throw Question

So I was watching a review video of a 2013 WRX on youtube and the driver stated that the car had the STI short throw installed. My paperwork on my 2013 WRX states I have the shifter installed. I noticed however that the shift knob is different on the WRX in the video (has the STI logo) Mine does not. The throws feel pretty long but I figured that may be how WRX's are even with the STI short throw. I haven't driven any other WRX's except for mine. Is there anyway to tell if I actually have the short throw or is my paperwork incorrect?

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I would assume your paperwork is right. Mine has the short shifter with no STI logo.

Link to video?
    The sts doesn't come with a different shift knob.. It uses the OEM Knob. also the sti sts doesn't shorten the shift lever, just shortens the linkage.

I Support ClubWRX
    What does your paperwork say exactly? Maybe post a picture of it.
    GTA:O ClubWRX Crew

My "Build" Thread!

2006 WRX TR
    Hawk-Eye Alliance #1856...ssshhh don't tell anyone!

SAVE TIME and the view of the shifter is at 6:30ish

Review: 2013 Subaru WRX - YouTube

Sorry I was at work earlier and they don't like us youtubing at work.
    The paperwork states "Sti Short Throw Shift 5m/T 369.00"
    Basically that's it besides gas which was "included"
    I bought a base model with nothing extra besides the short throw. The video just got me thinking since I have never driven one without one

I Support ClubWRX
    Yeah then based on your paperwork they installed the STI short throw lever and nothing else. They would have just used the shift knob that came with your car being that it's 5MT and not 6MT.
    GTA:O ClubWRX Crew

My "Build" Thread!

2006 WRX TR
    Hawk-Eye Alliance #1856...ssshhh don't tell anyone!

The "STI short shifter" only shortens throws by 10%ish anyway. It's not that much of a difference. Aftermarket such as Cobb or a Kartboy short shifter will make a lot more difference.
    The Hawk-Eye Alliance #90|The Blobeye Syndicate #0|The Stink-Eye Mob #0|N.E.R.D. Founding Member & #3
    2012 Lightning Red WRX Sedan Stock...for now Soon to be OpenSource tuned by: Mattypants @ WTF Tuning
    "If I have 10 ice cubes and you have 11 giraffes, how many pancakes can fit on the roof? Purple, because aliens donít wear hats" -Ying

^ agreed. also swap out bushings, makes just as much of a difference as the shifter itself

Thanks for the info guys! See this is why I'm scared to post on Nasioc

I Support ClubWRX
    It's a legitimate question and should/could be posted anywhere in my view. If they are less receptive the fault is theirs, not yours, though to be fair they too might answer the same way.
    WRX Info Links, Courtesy TheJ
    The world breaks everyone and afterward many are strong in the broken places. Ernest Hemingway
    I lied. I cheated. I bribed men to cover the crimes of other men. I am an accessory to murder. But the most damning thing of all... I think I can live with it. And if I had to do it all over again - I would. Benjamin Sisko
    DISCLAIMER: Opinions expressed are the author's alone and are inherently worthless.