2002 wrx 5-spd thrust washer part #?
+ Reply to Thread

This is a discussion on 2002 wrx 5-spd thrust washer part #? within the Transmission & AWD forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; 2002 WRX wagon, 5-spd. I've been tearing my hair out trying to find these damn things. The last piece I ...

Angry 2002 wrx 5-spd thrust washer part #?

2002 WRX wagon, 5-spd.

I've been tearing my hair out trying to find these damn things. The last piece I need to get the trans back together is a thrust washer, or so my tech is telling me. I can't even seem to find a mention of the thing in the factory repair manual. All I keep hearing is that it's a c-shaped piece, but I can't find part numbers or sizes. I've searched the web and the forums for a while now and I can't seem to find em. Any help would be lovely.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Ok apparently it's not the one on the shaft, it's in the diff. Measurements are:

45mm inner
    66.53mm outer
    ~1.18mm thick (worn down, could have been 1.2 at some point)

Found out it's the washer in the center diff...

This washer:

Fits into the center diff basket here before anything else goes in

So that's the actual washer needed. Anyone have any idea of a part #, or should I have one machined?
    Last edited by pfsquirrel; 11-27-2013 at 08:31 AM.

*bump*

I Support ClubWRX
    Do you have an account at
    https://ssl.autocenter.net/subaruparts/cart/
    where they have the diagrams similar to what dealers use for the 2002?

If it's not there I don't know.
    WRX Info Links, Courtesy TheJ
    Man is a brute.... If you're cruel to him, he respects and fears you. If you're kind to him, he plucks your eyes out. Alexis Zorbas
    I lied. I cheated. I bribed men to cover the crimes of other men. I am an accessory to murder. But the most damning thing of all... I think I can live with it. And if I had to do it all over again - I would. Benjamin Sisko
    DISCLAIMER: Opinions expressed are the author's alone and are inherently worthless.

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.