Clutch options and opinions

This is a discussion on Clutch options and opinions within the Transmission & AWD forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; Hey guys. I'm in the market for a new clutch since my stock clutch is on its way out. I ...

Clutch options and opinions

Hey guys. I'm in the market for a new clutch since my stock clutch is on its way out. I have a 2011 WRX stage 2. It puts about 280whp and 320wtq. Right now I'm looking at two clutch options. One is the exedy racing stage 1 for $430. The only problem with that is the wtq on that clutch is rated at 301. I don't know if that will be a major issue. Second option is the south bend stage 2 daily for $450, which is rated appropriately for my car. I don't track or autox my car. It's a daily with some occasional spirited driving. I'm open to other suggestions also but I don't want to spend a lot on the clutch. I also have to get new tires. I do a lot of driving. If anybody has experience or insight please let me know. As I said if there are other options out there let me know also. Thanks!

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I Support ClubWRX
    Stock/OE replacement
    Exedy S1

Either one should work fine, if you don't abuse it. Be sure to factor in the cost of a new flywheel, as they are not to be resurfaced.
    2005 WRX STi (Mods | Virtual Dyno)

Resident Tuner @ WTF Tuning, LLC

"Never trust anything that bleeds for a week and lives ..."

UNYSOC

I've heard both sides of the story regarding the flywheel. I'm still on the fence about that

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Andy21785 View Post
    I've heard both sides of the story regarding the flywheel. I'm still on the fence about that

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    I would get the flywheel. It may save you some grief in the end.
    2013 WRX Dark Grey Hatch
    1974 Datsun 260z Stroker

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by Andy21785
    Service manual says it cannot be resurfaced. Unless you're doing the labor, I would strongly urge you to replace it the first time, so you don't have to pay labor rate twice.
    2005 WRX STi (Mods | Virtual Dyno)

Resident Tuner @ WTF Tuning, LLC

"Never trust anything that bleeds for a week and lives ..."

UNYSOC

I just had my 12's clutch replaced last week, went with the southbend stage 2 endurance clutch and the ACT streetlite flywheel. feels pretty similar to the oem clutch and very little chatter

I might just get an oem flywheel. Gotta shop around for a cheaper price since I'm on a tight budget.

I went with the ACT street performance clutch, and Findezza flywheel on my Z. Smooth engagement, and "zero" clutch/flywheel chatter.
    2013 WRX Dark Grey Hatch
    1974 Datsun 260z Stroker