I'm scared.

This is a discussion on I'm scared. within the Transmission & AWD forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; I turned a corn going about 3mph and I put it in 2nd gear and started releasing the clutch like ...

I'm scared.

I turned a corn going about 3mph and I put it in 2nd gear and started releasing the clutch like normal, but i pretty much forgot I was going that slow so the car couldn't handle 2nd in that speed and made a huge drop noise. Once I heard it, i stepped in the clutch and put it in first and everything was good. So did I damage anything. Transmission? Clutch. My car has 4500 miles

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

At 3 MPH?.......no....the worst would be you stall it. Unless you forgot a some zeros..

Registered User wreckingball man's Avatar
    No....lol. Don't worry about it.

Alright thanks guys, it didn't stall, but it just made a loud thump coming from the engine and I thought it might have been damaged xD. Anyway. How are the general reliability of the clutch and transmission in a 2013 wrx? I don't drive it like a maniac, i don't launch it. I drive it normally and sometimes I speed a little

Don't launch it or ride the clutch and it will last a long time, it is a wear item so it will need to be replaced eventually. The trans is the same way, treat it right and it will last the lifetime of the vehicle.
    That being said if you want to go fast/launch/hoon remember this "Speed costs money, how fast do you want to go?"

By speeding I mean like taking off normally with first gear. After the gear is fully engaged then I step on it lol

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by WRB REXXY View Post
    By speeding I mean like taking off normally with first gear. After the gear is fully engaged then I step on it lol
    So you mean not speeding.

Yeah sorry, wrong term. xD. Anyway. What would be an example of riding the clutch? When I take off in first gear I give it gas and when I release the clutch I hold it at the engagement point very quick then let it go, so that way I can get a smooth take-off. Am I doing this correctly?

Quote Originally Posted by WRB REXXY View Post
    Yeah sorry, wrong term. xD. Anyway. What would be an example of riding the clutch? When I take off in first gear I give it gas and when I release the clutch I hold it at the engagement point very quick then let it go, so that way I can get a smooth take-off. Am I doing this correctly?
    Having your foot on the clutch at the same time having your foot on the gas. My buddy rides his clutch like crazy cuz he lives in downtown San Francisco with those crazy streets it's difficult to parallel park.

Haha thanks a lot. Kinda feel bad for your friend

Resting your foot on the clutch will "loosen" up your pedal. I dont know how to explain it. My friends clutch pedal has a lot of play in it from him leaving his foot resting on the pedal.

Registered User Sheleileigh Law's Avatar
    Don't rest your foot on the clutch pedal - you will wear down the clutch. Keep it poised for shifting by resting it up on the heel - also ready for left foot braking if you're into that.

Quote Originally Posted by Sheleileigh Law View Post
    Don't rest your foot on the clutch pedal - you will wear down the clutch. Keep it poised for shifting by resting it up on the heel - also ready for left foot braking if you're into that.

Registered User Sheleileigh Law's Avatar
    Huh? Is this pic from FG supposed to be snark?