clutch problem.

This is a discussion on clutch problem. within the Transmission & AWD forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; hi guys and gals I have just done the rwd conversion on my classic 2000 turbo estate ive literally just ...

clutch problem.

hi guys and gals

I have just done the rwd conversion on my classic 2000 turbo estate ive literally just finished it put it on the ground and tried driving out my workshop and it seemed the clutch pedal was in want of a better word flicking up and not engaging I drove it into my workshop no problem what so ever and now all of a sudden the clutch dosent want to no, it goes into gear but it isn't engaging its been off the road for a few weeks.
    my first question is I no I need to bleed my slave cylinder as a friend looked at it and he said that on some jap cars that it has to be bleed in reverse but hes not 100% certain is this true? I am mechanically minded but I have never known of doing it in reverse if so how do you do it??

2nd question has this ever happened to anyone else and no what the sound of my fault is and how they corrected it I want a second opinion as I haven't had many dealings with scoobys before

hope to hear back from some one Mat

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I Support ClubWRX
    It does sound like you need to bleed the clutch. However I don't understand what "bleed in reverse" means.
    WRX Info Links, Courtesy TheJ
    The world breaks everyone and afterward many are strong in the broken places. Ernest Hemingway
    I lied. I cheated. I bribed men to cover the crimes of other men. I am an accessory to murder. But the most damning thing of all... I think I can live with it. And if I had to do it all over again - I would. Benjamin Sisko
    DISCLAIMER: Opinions expressed are the author's alone and are inherently worthless.

im not to sure what bleed in reverse is honestly I take bleeding the clutch just like bleeding brakes right?? but him saying this made me question it as ive never had to bleed a slave cylinder on a Scooby before is it any different do u no?? coz I don't personaaly think it is but im baffled to as what he has said.

...put the tranny in reverse while bleeding...

I have NO idea why that would make a difference, but to each their own....
    You can't have everything - where would you put it?

I Support ClubWRX
    I'm at a loss also.

I have a 2002 US model WRX 2,0L with the 5 speed. For my car, I use a tube on the bleeder of the slave and have someone depress the pedal. I then open the bleeder, let it discharge, then close it, and repeat ad nauseam. In fact the factory manual mentions bleeding air only from the operating cylinder (this is Subaruglish for what we call the slave cylinder) and not from the master cylinder.
    WRX Info Links, Courtesy TheJ
    The world breaks everyone and afterward many are strong in the broken places. Ernest Hemingway
    I lied. I cheated. I bribed men to cover the crimes of other men. I am an accessory to murder. But the most damning thing of all... I think I can live with it. And if I had to do it all over again - I would. Benjamin Sisko
    DISCLAIMER: Opinions expressed are the author's alone and are inherently worthless.

that's wat I mean ive never heard of this ever and wanted to no if anyone has made me feel quite stupid to be honest as I to do it the same way as SD_GR or with a easy bleed kit which only takes one person so you don't have to have any one in the cabin whilst ur fiddling around with the bleed nipple twice as quick and easy.