Kartboy Shifter Front and Rear Bushings on 2014 WRX - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

This is a discussion on Kartboy Shifter Front and Rear Bushings on 2014 WRX within the Transmission & AWD forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; Originally Posted by jsantos1082 I removed the bar from the rear bushing. I found it easier to thread the two ...

Quote Originally Posted by jsantos1082 View Post
    I removed the bar from the rear bushing. I found it easier to thread the two bolts that way. Took me 2 mins to thread both. Then I slid the bar back into the bushing and tightened the two bolts. You are right, This install was such a PITA if you haven't done it before. I was so relieved. The front bushing has some play in it after install, about 5mm of gap. Is that normal? I tightened the bolt already. I think it wil be ok.
    As I've said in a earlier post, there is a raised edge on the bolt that mates with the washer. This catches the nut upon tightening and results in the clearance you see in the bushings. It appears that the Kartboy front bushing stack might be slightly narrower than the OEM front bushing. I've read numerous threads on front shifter bushing installs on the WRX and they share the same observation regarding the gap. I don't think it affects the function of the front bushing or shifting for that matter. You're fine.

Now, go on a test drive and feel the difference those bushings make. I think you will be pleased!

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I installed the kartboy shifter and bushings last week and I love the difference it has made im driving a 14 wrx I found that for me the front bushing were more of a pita than the back I cut one side of the rubber then pried it out install was an hour and 45 minutes I didn't lower the cross member I took the heat shield and o2 all the way out

Quote Originally Posted by mynewbeater View Post
    I installed the kartboy shifter and bushings last week and I love the difference it has made im driving a 14 wrx I found that for me the front bushing were more of a pita than the back I cut one side of the rubber then pried it out install was an hour and 45 minutes I didn't lower the cross member I took the heat shield and o2 all the way out
    I cut the passenger side of the front oem bushing by punching a hole through the groove with a screwdriver so that it will slide right out towards the driver side. Front was annoying to take out too but not as annoying as the rear for me.
    JOE
    2013 WRX DGM
    Stink Eye Mob #82

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12