Squeak after clutch change.

This is a discussion on Squeak after clutch change. within the Transmission & AWD forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; Noob here. Apologies in advance. Did some searching but didn't find anything to help clarify what's going on exactly... 2011 ...

Question Squeak after clutch change.

Noob here. Apologies in advance. Did some searching but didn't find anything to help clarify what's going on exactly...

2011 WRX hatch ~50,000mi. Just got a throw-out bearing warrantied by Subaru and purchased a new clutch while they had the tranny out to save on $$ later down the road. Anyway, it's my understanding that for a new clutch you should be very gentle with it for the first 500 or so miles to break it in. I've put about 70 on it so far since yesterday but I've noticeed a distinctive squeaking sound coming from the engine bay when I get going out of 1st and every time I go over small bumps and imperfections on the road. If the road isn't perfectly smooth it's squeaking/chattering away.

It's really annoying and again, I understand some of this is normal(?) with a new clutch since it hasn't been broken in yet but should it really be making loud squeaking sounds while going over every single little bump in the road? I've tested it while in neutral and the sounds goes away.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I Support ClubWRX
    Take it back and have them fix it. I bet it's something physical like a mount or something rather than the clutch but in any case they get to sort it out.
    WRX Info Links, Courtesy TheJ
    The world breaks everyone and afterward many are strong in the broken places. Ernest Hemingway
    I lied. I cheated. I bribed men to cover the crimes of other men. I am an accessory to murder. But the most damning thing of all... I think I can live with it. And if I had to do it all over again - I would. Benjamin Sisko
    DISCLAIMER: Opinions expressed are the author's alone and are inherently worthless.

Fixed. Took it in this morning, the tech forgotten to tighten a bolt