13 wrx shift "notch"

This is a discussion on 13 wrx shift "notch" within the Transmission & AWD forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; My car has 1400 miles on it and I find that when i shift especially from 3rd to 4th its ...

13 wrx shift "notch"

My car has 1400 miles on it and I find that when i shift especially from 3rd to 4th its like I cant find the gear and its very Notchy..any idea what it could be? I will take the car in because its disappointing that im already dealing with this

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I think it's normal for our cars but if it bothers you that much take it to your dealership

ive heard a lot of people complain about this in their wrx's. i think its the ancient transmission that subaru saw fit to stick us with. ive heard it has its origins somewhere in the late 1980's(unfortunately serious). but i could be wrong. although i havent had any problems in my ~7k miles it seems pretty common for people to think the tranny is notchy.

ive heard some say it feels like their moving the shifter around in a bowl of marbles. is that what yours feels like?
    2013 wrx sedan-SOLD(awaiting 2015/16 Mustang)

2005 Mustang GT
    Racecar! Borla Stingers, Pypes x-pipe, Airaid Intake, FR Lowering Springs, Steeda Tri-Ax
    Previous faist cars: '02 RSX-S, '91 SR20 240sx, '85 300zx turbo

Everything ok on my end. 13, wrx

I'll take it in and see what they have to say..shifting around a bowl of marbles is a great way to describe it

sometimes I feel that the gears are hard to find but it has to do with the OEM setup if I'm not mistaken.
    my 13' WRX didn't come with the STI short shifter and I also saw on a review about this matter of the OEM Gearing design from 3rd to fourth. check out this video they talk about it at around the 1:35 marker
    Subaru WRX Review (AWD Performance Pt.2) - Everyday Driver - YouTube

hope this helps