13 wrs first gear 5speed

This is a discussion on 13 wrs first gear 5speed within the Transmission & AWD forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; Hey dose any one know what the availableity of finding a new first gear with 50% more teeth on it. ...

13 wrs first gear 5speed

Hey dose any one know what the availableity of finding a new first gear with 50% more teeth on it. Told a friend that I thought first was just to high for pavement, he was a porcha race care driver, he drove it and agreed. So now I need to find a new first gear only. Dose any1 know where to find 1? Tkx for any help I can get on this.
    Peter
    My toy: 5 Ton Black 86 cab & chassis,7.3 idi, with a flatbed,under bed boxes,4x4 conversion, and a lighted American flag on my 102"
    My daily driver ; 13 Subaru WRX
    USAR

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

zax
    I Support ClubWRX I Support ClubWRX
    You might as well buy an RA gearset.
    2015 CWP WRX STi ... But how did I get roped back into an EJ motor?!
    Zax's utterly unimaginably stock 2015 STi build thread
    Zax's Shaggin' Wagon Build Thread Now tuned for 99% pure Unicorn Jizz!

Zach | Moderator -- Mid-Atlantic States, Tech & Modifying & General Repairs
    Rollin' with the Bugeye Mafia #302 | N.E.R.D. Subject Zero
    Facebook me here

Your Mid-A local board: http://www.clubwrx.net/forums/mid-atlantic-states/

not sure if serious?
    2013 wrx sedan(saving up for a 2015 STI)

Previous faist cars: '05 Mustang GT '02 RSX-S, '91 SR20 240sx, '85 300zx turbo

in the gear head stuff and lured over the years; when you have a engine that is built for all top end (tork peek 4k HP peek 6k) having a first gear with 25-50% more teeth, would be ideal for the street. the gear that in there stock(now) is perfect for dirt because of the amount of wheel slip i get in the dirt.
    i know just a little a bout engines built all for top end [348 dart block 4 bolt main 750@9500 RPM N.A. built to run 11,ooo rpm detuned for survive-ability ] and thankyou for the advice of the RA gears i will look in to it
    Peter
    My toy: 5 Ton Black 86 cab & chassis,7.3 idi, with a flatbed,under bed boxes,4x4 conversion, and a lighted American flag on my 102"
    My daily driver ; 13 Subaru WRX
    USAR

I Support ClubWRX I Support ClubWRX
    First, second, and reverse gears are all physically part of the input shaft. You will need a complete replacement gearset for what you're wanting to do. RA are shorter, but all of them are shorter, not just first.