How much throw reduction will i get from a Kartboy ss vs. sti ss?

This is a discussion on How much throw reduction will i get from a Kartboy ss vs. sti ss? within the Transmission & AWD forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; Ive searched and read many threads and posts about kartboy ss + bushings. I have a 13 wrx that came ...

How much throw reduction will i get from a Kartboy ss vs. sti ss?

Ive searched and read many threads and posts about kartboy ss + bushings. I have a 13 wrx that came with the sti ss (spt ss???) I know that i need to purchase new bushings with the kartboy ss. I thought all 13 wrx models came standard with the sti ss? At least every car that ive looked at online and inventory at local dealerships come equipped with it already.

My question is how much improvement am i expecting to see if i upgrade to the kartboy ss + bushings? Ive read around that it can be up to 40% throw reduction but not sure if thats coming from a stock shifter or sti ss? Thanks for reading!

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

my 02 came with the sti ss ~10% throw reduction. threw around the idea of the KB ss for a few minutes.

worth my time and troubles installing a new SS for a 30% reduction i may slightly fee then quickly get used to- not worth it IMO

worth ~$100? then selling my sti ss that no one will probably buy because theyd rather have a kb or cobb- not worth it IMO

soooo not worth it IMO

butttt the bushings! ive heard awesome things about them and when i installed them i previously just installed my new shift knob which made a hugeeee difference. installing the front and rear bushings i felt a tiny bit more "stiffness" going into gear but i was kinda let down. the install for the rear bushing took me longer than it should have. thread the one bolt in a few threads then the other a few threads then tighten them both down and tq to spec. it was impossible to tighten one down then try to get the other.

check out wc lathe werks for a shift knob. i have the solid stainless steel which is over a pound in weight and made shifting feel amazing, sits lower than stock too!
    Marky Mark
    2002 Stage 2.3 PSM Bugeye tuned by Matty at WTFtuning
    Bugeye Mafia #397, High Mileage Club, WTF Tuning Intern
    My bugeye build
    MinoskePhotography
    First Mods and other useful info!
    GM EBCS/ Hallman MBC Hybrid boost setup diagram