Clutch vibration

This is a discussion on Clutch vibration within the Transmission & AWD forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; Hey guys, I have a 13 hatch with 800 miles on it and today after getting off the highway I ...

Clutch vibration

Hey guys,

I have a 13 hatch with 800 miles on it and today after getting off the highway I noticed when I went to push my clutch in it was vibrating/had a gritty feeling. It was like that the whole way home through all the gears. When I parked the car and left it running I was pushing the clutch in and out and there was no vibration but as soon as I give it a little gas it vibrated and it's pretty noticeable. Is this a normal wear thing that happens? Or should I take it in to the dealer. This is my first manual car so I don't know if something is wrong with the clutch or if this is normal.

I should mention that getting in and out of the gears is still smooth, it's just the clutch pedal.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I know what you mean about the 'gritty' feeling. My 13 sedan does that too, sometimes. If it bothers you, just let them know at your next oil change. That's what a warranty is for, bro.

Yea my thought was to see how it acts over the next few weeks, and when I get an oil change ill bring it up. I just want to make sure I'm not damaging any thing

It will go away shortly, mine has done this in the past and it always goes away after a few drives. If it doesn't, take it in to the dealer.