shaking under load only

This is a discussion on shaking under load only within the Transmission & AWD forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; 06 wrx wagon stg2, 109k miles, stock engine and tranny. I am getting a shaking from the engine/tranny that I ...

shaking under load only

06 wrx wagon stg2, 109k miles, stock engine and tranny. I am getting a shaking from the engine/tranny that I can feel only when I am accelerating. Mostly in 3rd and 4th gear around 3k RPM/40mph. It does not shake at all when the car is running only in neutral/coasting at these speeds so I do not think it is a suspension/tire/wheel problem. Just had new tires installed and balanced anyway. I am thinking this could be an engine or transmission mount? Diff mount? Clutch? No clutch slippage at all tho. And to reemphasize, this is only under load/accelerating and not when coasting or in neutral. Any help is appreciated!!! Thx

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Also, I am getting some boost fluctuation at about 50% throttle in 5th but that is probably unrelated.

boost fluctuation SOLVED! I was checking the actuation of the wastegate and it was sticking/jerky. I lubed it up and it was much smoother. TOok her out for a spin and boost built smoothly and did not drop off at all. Happy face.