Adjusting Front/Rear Torque Split
+ Reply to Thread

This is a discussion on Adjusting Front/Rear Torque Split within the Transmission & AWD forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; Ever since I saw this on Wangan Midnight I wondered if it was possible in real life. The Evo 5 ...

Adjusting Front/Rear Torque Split

Ever since I saw this on Wangan Midnight I wondered if it was possible in real life. The Evo 5 driver said he changed the front/rear torque split to 35/65 giving it more of RWD characteristic. I looked it up and found it was possible but that it could only be controlled by the center differential gearing. I've been looking for more information on this but it's hard to find and I was just wondering if the front and rear are geared differently does that mean they'll spin at different rates? I'd really like to do this but not if I can't drive it without wrecking tires and possibly other things. If anyone knows of this subject plz educate me. Thx

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I Support ClubWRX I Support ClubWRX
    If you have DCCD you can.. for what it's worth, the stock torque bias of the 04-05 six speed is already 35/65. If you run it full open that is the characteristic that you will get.

Still confused...need to know how it works

Do you have a WRX or a STI?
    2012 DGM 5 DOOR WRX
    Mods: Stage 2+
    "I live my life a twelve year old at a time. For those ten seconds or less, I'm free."
    Official ClubWRX Creeper

WRX...I don't have a DCCD

I think I'm gonna have to talk with an expert on this subject so I can ask questions. I read that DCCD article and I gotta admit it confused me

What is there to talk about? You don't have DCCD so you can't adjust it. That article explains DCCD pretty well.
    2012 DGM 5 DOOR WRX
    Mods: Stage 2+
    "I live my life a twelve year old at a time. For those ten seconds or less, I'm free."
    Official ClubWRX Creeper

Quote Originally Posted by MrManny View Post
    I think I'm gonna have to talk with an expert on this subject so I can ask questions. I read that DCCD article and I gotta admit it confused me

What kind of questions? If you want to be able to adjust anything you will need to perform a six speed swap.. that's a place to start. Unfortunately torque bias is non-adjustable, and the 04-05 six speed that has the torque bias you want has horrible gear ratios.

Even if I don't have a DCCD, I still like learning these things. I'm always reading up on car things man. Who said you can only know about your own car??? And that sucks about the not being able to adjust the bias

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.